Senior Auditor - Bank (Hybrid)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a Senior Auditor for our San
Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; or Charlotte, NC facility.
This is a hybrid role. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results. The actual days onsite are resolved between each employee
and the employee's manager. Relocation assistance is available.
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization. Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Performs risk and control identification and
evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and
conducts client meetings and interviews.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
- Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
- Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
- Runs day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
- Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when
- Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each
engagement with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
- Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership.
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
- Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members
with continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced team
members to ensure quality and timely completion of audit test
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. 4
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Demonstrated experience in Real Estate Servicing.
- Internal Audit experienceThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $72,900 - $131,400 *( this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: Will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Garland , Senior Auditor - Bank (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Sachse, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!