Social Media Manager, Stealth Educational Startup (Remote) - $100,000/year USD
Company: Crossover for Work
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Crossover is the world's #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our
clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting
this role for our client, Stealth Educational Startup. Have you got
what it takes?
Do you love making content for social media? Are you a whiz at
marketing to Gen Z? If so, join a rapidly growing EdTech startup
and accelerate your career!
Were a stealth educational startup that provides online life skills
classes for teens. Weve got a successful entrepreneurship incubator
and are adding exciting opportunities around investing and
cryptocurrency. Our programs are 8-12 weeks in length and arent
focused on academics.
As one of the early members of the team, there are ample
opportunities for professional growth. You'll work directly with
the founding team and receive regular feedback.
Your goal is clear: build a social media brand that teens turn to
in search of passion & purpose opportunities. To accomplish that
goal, youll leverage organic and word-of-mouth marketing to develop
a strategy and content that excites US high school students.
If youre ready to join a well-resourced early-stage startup with
opportunities for rapid growth, apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
- Generating videos for Reels/TikTok
- Managing social media accounts and campaigns
- Monitoring and capitalizing on social media & viral trends
- Creating a variety of long- and short-form written content,
such as newsletters, posts, and blogs
What You Wont Be Doing
- Traditional marketing - our customers are Gen Z teens and youll
build a digital marketing strategy that meets them where they
- Brand positioning, analytics, or MarOps
- Creating stale content - were looking for engaging, creative,
humorous content that reflects our brand persona
Social Media Manager Key Responsibilities
Develop a unique brand voice through unpaid social media content
that becomes the go-to place for teens seeking opportunities to
find their purpose and engage their passions.
- At least 1 year of social media, digital, or influencer
marketing experience (including internships, volunteer, or personal
- Experience building or managing a social media brand
- Experience creating video content for digital channels
(Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of the interests, culture, and trends of US high
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public
Relations, or similar field
- Experience marketing your own product or business
About Stealth Educational Startup
We are a stealth educational startup in Austin, TX (center of
educational innovation in US). We are building an online community
focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education -
gifted and talented kids. We are a remote first company who hires
globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is
limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The
position is immediately available and requires entering into an
independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation
level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000
USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The
payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs
for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
screening assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as Not Spam since you will receive other emails
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting
https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already
applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover for Work, Garland , Social Media Manager, Stealth Educational Startup (Remote) - $100,000/year USD, Advertising , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!