Manager, Cybersecurity Engineer (Dallas, TX)
Company: Tenet Healthcare
Posted on: February 19, 2021
As the Manager of Cybersecurity for Tenet, this role provides
strategic and tactical direction in support of the Cybersecurity
Department. Manages multiple teams and Subject Matter Experts
(SMEs) with diverse responsibilities including, but not limited to,
development and execution of Cybersecurity Operations strategies,
Cybersecurity Risk and Controls assessments, Vulnerability
assessments, Cybersecurity controls testing and validation, and
Cybersecurity policies and standards. Represents Cybersecurity on
various committees. Identifies and communicates Cybersecurity
threats, vulnerabilities, risks, emerging trends, and mitigation
strategies in alignment with the organization's risk appetite.
Recommends and reports on Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility and
ensures appropriate remediation when required. Promotes awareness
of Cybersecurity policy, standards and governance among management
and throughout the enterprise and ensures sound principles are
reflected in the organization s mission, vision and goals.
- Promoting Tenet s cybersecurity agenda with clients, healthcare
entities, physician services and various interested parties through
targeted outreach programs.
- Providing strategic direction for Tenet Corporate, Tenet
Healthcare Facilities, and Tenet related business lines regarding
data security, incident response, emerging cybersecurity
technologies and industry best practices.
- Provide configuration, maintenance and monitoring oversight of
existing network and security technologies enterprise-wide.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of enterprise network security
solutions including hardware/software support, training,
configurations and special project plans.
- Assist the Director, Network Security in the vetting, design
and implementation of newly acquired network security
- Utilize existing and open source security investigation
toolsets to identify attack vectors and reduce the overall attack
- Assist in the development of security event monitoring and
alerting content related to network security toolsets.
- Advance the cyber threat analytic tradecraft of the team and
- Stay abreast of emerging threats and threat actors'.
- Providing support to investigations & incident management team
on matters of information security, intrusion mitigation/detection
and computer forensics.
- Maintain relationships with organizations such as U.S. CERT,
Electronic Crimes Task Forces, and National Cyber Forensic Training
- Coordinate with or provide support to U.S. Federal, State, and
Local law enforcement, as required.
- Represent Tenet on external & internal risk and information
security groups, as necessary.
- Coordinate the delivery of executive management reports,
briefings and other communication related to cyber intelligence and
- Create and maintain good technical documentation.
- 10+ years Information Technology experience
- 3+ years cybersecurity experience specializing in enterprise
- Bachelor degree required
- GIAC-GCED, GCIH, GDSA or other equivalent industry standard
security certifications required, CISSP preferred
- Working knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK and other common tactics,
techniques, and procedures
- Working knowledge of CIS Top 20, NIST or other security
- Experience leading, executing and operating enterprise scoped
security projects in the following domains: platform security, end
point security, network security, infrastructure, cloud security,
data security and threat prevention.
- Ability to interact and negotiate across departments
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Experience negotiating contracts and working with vendors
- Experience with security incidents and forensic
- Knowledge of and experience with risk management and
- Knowledge of threat intelligence industry and products
- Works effectively in a team environment; addresses conflicts
appropriately, and builds productive partnerships with customers,
business partners, and stakeholders in order to achieve targeted
- Client satisfaction-focused; establishes relationships with
business partners and ensures prompt, clear dedicated, and
effective communications with these partners
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues and ideas
with precision and clarity, adjusting appropriately for the
audience; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas
Facility: 979-Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below
for additional information.
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare, Garland , Manager, Cybersecurity Engineer (Dallas, TX), Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!