Company: GTN Technical Staffing and Consulting
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Irving, TX (Work from home flexibility,
but the candidate must also work onsite as well. Only Phoenix, AZ
and Dallas/Fort Worth located candidates will be
considered.Position Type: Direct Hire (Great benefits package)
Candidates must be US Citizens or Perm.Residents/Green Cards to be
consideredCompensation: Based on Experience
GTN is looking for a Data Engineer to expand and optimize our
client's data storage and data pipeline architecture, and optimize
data flow/collection for their cross functional teams. The
successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain data
storage and data flow solutions for structured and non-structured
multi-model data in support of data science and machine learning
pipelines. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be an experienced
data pipeline builder and data wrangler, who enjoys optimizing data
systems and building them from the ground up. They must be
self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple
teams, systems and products. Job Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members
that assist them in building and optimizing data science
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data
structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
(Specifically, with any exposure to cancer biology
studies/data/research/etc. being highly desired)
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and
extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- 2+ years of post college experience building and optimizing
'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including
MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools:
Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS,
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting
languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Proficiency in Python, Pandas, PySpark, Dask, Ray, etc.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to explain
complex technical details in clear language
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and
organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help
other members of the team
- Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding user
needs and then delighting the customer by exceeding service and
Keywords: GTN Technical Staffing and Consulting, Garland , Data Engineer, Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!