Principal Network Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job DescriptionWe are a diverse team supporting all core
networking functions for an automotive aftermarket retailer. We
work closely with the computer and end user support teams to
provide the best user experience possible. Worldpac is currently
bringing aboard our sister company, Autopart International using
Cisco Meraki technologies. Worldpac is also in an exciting phase of
re-invention of its existing branches and distribution centers
using newer technologies such as Cisco SD-Wan (Viptela), DNA
Center, Umbrella DNS/SIG and upgrading to Cisco Wireless. The
Principal Network Engineer will have a critical role in the company
and will be called upon to perform the highest level of
troubleshooting and configuration of our Cisco centric network. We
are looking for someone with strong Cisco networking foundations
who is willing to learn and grow with our dedicated and hardworking
team to advance our vision. They can be located near our Dallas,
TX, Sacramento, CA and New Brunswick, NJ locations. Roles and
- Identify and resolve any network related issues in the Worldpac
- Monitor network performance, security, and integrity.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all network
switches, routers and firewalls. This includes applying IOS
upgrades along with configuration changes and troubleshooting
software/hardware issues. Cisco Catalyst 2960, Catalyst 9300, and
Nexus 9000 series switches. Cisco ISR4000 and ASR1000 and 1001-X
series routes. Cisco ISR 1100 4G/6g (Viptela OS) Routers.
- Design and modify the network to meet the needs of new projects
- Maintain and administer existing Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Maintain and administer new Cisco wireless controllers.
- Assist with new InfoBlox DDI infrastructure.
- Assist with new Cisco DNA Center installation for device
- Working knowledge and understanding of Viptela/Cisco
- Conducts network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose
complex network loops, asymmetric routes, and other problems.
- Collaborate with Server and iSeries teammates to assist with
network tasks for their projects.
- With minor supervision, implements solutions that have limited
- Creates and maintains network documentation and diagrams as
needed when assets are added or removed.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in
accordance with Change Management processes.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as
well as strong project management, negotiation, and relationship
management skills. Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or
related discipline. CCNA/CCNP required. CCIE desired.
- Deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends
and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and
Network Security Practices.
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and
assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and
architectural implementation of projects
- Ability to work off hours for changes that would adversely
- Ability to be on an on-call rotation with other team
- Proven track record to translate business requirements into
solutions and implementing significant IT infrastructure projects
on schedule and budget
- 10+ years of hands-on and progressive experience in Cisco
network Infrastructure Technologies.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and
advanced problem-solving skills. Experience with the following
- Advanced TCP/IP
- Routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, OMP
- Cisco/Viptela SD-Wan, templating Experience in the following
platforms also helpful
- Cisco DNAC
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco WLC
- F5 Big-IP
Keywords: WORLDPAC, Garland , Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!