Data Engineer - Mid Level
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Data Engineer I for our
San Antonio, TX Home Office; Plano, TX Campus; Phoenix, AZ Campus;
Tampa, FL Campus; Colorado Springs, CO Campus or Charlotte, NC
USAA values a work culture that is highly collaborative, and we
have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of
both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working
from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual
days onsite are settled between each employee and the employee's
The candidate for this position will have the opportunity to work
with the Enterprise Function Data Science team to assist in the
building and implementation of data models and advanced analytics
for various internal customers across USAA.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This outstanding mission requires a dedication to innovative
thinking at every level. (31 seconds)About USAA ITOur most
meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million
members who rely on us every day.We are over 5,000 employees
strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on
agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best
Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a
Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Design and implement technical solutions
- Identify and solve significant technical problems and
- Participate in daily standups and design reviews.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Help on-board entry level engineers.
- Collaborate with the team and other engineers to plan and
execute assignments and tasks.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
- OR Certification from an approved technical field of
- OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
- 4 years of data management experience implementing data
solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a
specific discipline(s)/technology(s)When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred experience:
- Experience, education, or training in Foundational
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL and traditional data
- Experience implementing and supporting ML models and related
data pipelines in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of data orchestration and microservices
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Domino and Airflow
- Experience with Gitlab
- Experience with Python programming / scripting
- Experience with big data experience tools / technologies (i.e.
Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Data Science to include use of advanced
- Experience with Agile Development MethodologiesThe above
description reflects the details considered vital to describe the
principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$88,200.00 - $158,900.00* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Garland , Data Engineer - Mid Level, Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!