Machine Learning Engineer (Remote Friendly)
Company: Mission Lane
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to
pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to
financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has
before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound
like a mission you could get behind?
We're looking for Machine Learning Engineers to join our Data team.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute at a company that's on
the verge of becoming the household name in financial products for
the 50% of Americans who are not served by traditional financial
Our core tech stack includes: Python, Kubernetes, GCP,
You'll thrive in this role if:
- You're personally motivated to help improve the financial
health of the 100 million working-class Americans who live
- You have a good foundation in computer science (data
structures, algorithms, design patterns) and apply solid
fundamentals in your software engineering (test-driven development,
code review, refactoring)
- You have developed and maintained production ML systems
- You are familiar with Python and cloud technology stacks like
AWS or GCP
- You are more motivated by practical solutions than theoretical
- You can communicate, collaborate, compromise, and be sensitive
to the needs of your partners and teammates
- A low-ego, respectful data team committed to solving practical
- The chance to work at a company where machine learning is at
the heart of the business and integral to both our day-to-day
operation and our executive team's strategic vision
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, with both management
and technical tracks for advancement
- A team that values learning and approaches work with a "growth
You might be particularly excited about the role if you want:
- To architect machine learning platforms through a combination
of established tools (e.g. Spark, Kubernetes, Airflow), development
of in-house tools, and evaluation of emerging tools (like feature
stores or BentoML)
- To work on fairness, accountability, and transparency in
machine learning (FAccT ML) or explainable AI (XAI)
- Bachelor of Science with 5 years of relevant experience or
- Master of Science with 3 years of relevant experience or
- Ph.D with 2 years of relevant experience
At Mission Lane, we're looking for people who have the courage to
take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at
your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview
process, don't hesitate to reach out.
We're committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their
lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you
need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible
Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid
parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App
subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond,
Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018,
we've rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the
adult population in the U.S. doesn't have access to a clear line of
credit. And by "clear" we mean credit without crazy fees that only
increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either
overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime
credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn't
We understand that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities. We
also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their
financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical
first step, but our work isn't done. We are actively developing new
products designed to meet our customers where they are, according
to their needs.
We get it - life happens . That's why Mission Lane is hard at work
paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for
our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an
environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or
maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited
by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment
authorization for this position. And please, no third-party
Keywords: Mission Lane, Garland , Machine Learning Engineer (Remote Friendly), Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!