Sr. Firmware Engineer - REMOTE
Posted on: August 1, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a growing team
developing firmware that is crucial to all of AMD's product lines.
We are looking for passionate engineers who have experience
developing embedded firmware and RTOS for complex and highly time
critical systems. The ideal engineer should have strong grasp of
embedded processor architecture, excellent C-coding skills and
ability to debug problems in a pre-silicon environment, working
closely with hardware design team. As part of this team, you will
also be responsible for firmware transformation initiatives to
propel the organization to the next level. The team is relatively
new and has high visibility within the organization - this is an
excellent career opportunity for someone who is willing to work
hard and make a difference.
- Develop RTOS and low level firmware that enables inference
processing applications on a custom engine
- Engage as a team player and work closely with the hardware
design team to define and enable necessary hardware hooks for an
- Support pre-silicon validation efforts on simulation and
emulation environments; help debug issues that may arise;
coordinate across teams as needed
- Provide thorough documentation of architecture and design
- Add unit tests for code being developed with adequate code
- Be key point of contact for post-silicon bring up
- Must be well-organized, technically oriented, and a
self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
and coordinate activities with geographically distributed technical
- 8+ years of experience in firmware development including pre-
and post silicon.
- Deep understanding of general RTOS concepts
- Secure RTOS understanding
- Strong knowledge of embedded FW development best
- Expert in C language
- Strong analytical, debug, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of FPGA workflow
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting in BASH, Python,
- Understanding of hardware and software system integration.
- Experience with FW integration testing and debug in pre and
- Knowledge of verification flows including System Verilog, UVM
- Strong analytical thinking skills, excellent attention to
detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Bachelor/Master in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer
Remote locations available:
Bay Area, CA
Maple Grove, MN
San Diego, CA
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Numbe r: 161607
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Garland , Sr. Firmware Engineer - REMOTE, Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!