Security Engineer SME (Remote with Travel)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tuva, an Akima Company, provides turnkey solutions that offer
better systems, tools, and methods to further your goals, reduce
costs, and streamline operations. From requirements analysis,
design, and implementation to operations and training Tuva's
personnel are well-versed in best practices across enterprise IT,
mission support Services, and specialized technologies. Our
personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles
in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and
opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation
(ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than
14,000 I--upiat shareholders that have resided near and above the
Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps
support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a
culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.Job
- The Security Engineer SME position will provide support for the
other SME tasks in N3G System Architecture, System Engineering
Support, and Agile Software Development Support.
- Coordinates with CJIS security policies and supporting the
Agile development teams and the systems teams.Qualifications -
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in system
architecture, systems engineering, or security architecture.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of providing technical guidance on
security architecture development, secure software development
methodologies, techniques and best practices; reviewing and
evaluating new or enhanced development methods for security
implications and providing recommendations for their use, with
particular emphasis on public cloud providers.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience reviewing and
evaluating system designs and architectures for potential security
weaknesses and providing recommendations on mitigations.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Building and
maintaining security systems.
- Obtaining detailed technical knowledge of database and
operating system Security.
- Security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection
systems, antivirus software, authentication systems, log
management, content filtering, etc.
- Network security and networking technologies and with system,
security, and network monitoring tools.
- Understanding the latest security principles, techniques, and
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications,
Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web
- Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to attain
- Prior work experience with the Federal Government, particularly
with the FBI.
- Current security certification such as the Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or the Certified
Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP).
Keywords: Tuva, Garland , Security Engineer SME (Remote with Travel), Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!