Manager - Outsourced CFO for Hedge Funds, Private Equity, & Venture Capital Funds
Company: Junonia Partners
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Company OverviewJunonia Partners provides Outsourced CFO and
Controller level services to investment advisors of hedge funds,
private equity funds, and venture capital funds. Upon realizing the
value and importance of having a strong back office partner,
Junonia was founded to focus on providing the highest level of
partnership: treat each client's business as if it was your own.
Our experience in both in-house and service provider roles has
shown us what matters most to investment managers who want more
than just another consultant or service provider.
Build for tomorrowThink long-term solutions and processes, not
band-aidsServe as a partnerNot just a consultant or another service
providerGo the extra mileDelivering what's expected, on schedule is
Position OverviewManagers are directly responsible for day-to-day
oversight of outsourced CFO/Controller services, new fund launches,
and project-based engagements for the firm. Managers are
responsible for completing the tasks and work product to be
delivered to the client under the review of a director.
- Provide outsourced CFO and Controller services to clients who
manage hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital funds.
- Prepare NAV review packages that reconcile financial statements
and investor statements prepared by the fund administrator. This
includes re-calculation of investor allocations, management fees,
and incentive allocation.
- For hedge fund clients, prepare daily reconciliations between
Client's OMS, fund administrator, and prime broker/custodian. Also
provide support for trade-break resolution, margin calls, and other
daily operational matters.
- For private equity and venture capital funds, review capital
call calculations and distribution calculations prepared by the
fund administrator. Ensure calls and distributions are processed
timely and accurately.
- Assist in the process for new fund launches by 1.) Reviewing
fund documents prepared by legal counsel including PPM, LPA, and
subscription documents 2.) Soliciting bids and vet service
providers on behalf of the client including audit/tax, fund
administrator, and banks/prime brokers 3.) Assisting in the opening
of brokerage, bank accounts, and lines of credit 4.) Onboarding all
selected service providers and integrate each into the client's
operations prior to fund launch 5.) Establishing key polices and
procedure including valuation polices, cash management controls,
- For the management company, prepare financial statements, cash
forecasts and budgets.
- Provide treasury management services for both fund entities and
management company entities including allocation of expense and
processing of payments.
- Oversee the annual audit and tax preparation process for all
client entities, including draft footnotes when necessary.
- Liaise with the clients' external auditors, administrator,
HR/payroll, compliance, and other service providers.
- Evaluate current financial and accounting processes for
clients, propose improvements and help coordinate implementation
- Assist clients with special and ad-hoc projects.
- Provide operational support for clients and advise on various
issues as they arise.
- Develop and oversee staff in delivery of services.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-9 years of experience in alternative investment management
industry (Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Venture Capital)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment at a
- Solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to effectively use
all available resources to solve challenging problems
- Ability to define, create and implement processes and
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while effectively
prioritizing tasks for multiple clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team
- Strong Excel skills
Keywords: Junonia Partners, Garland , Manager - Outsourced CFO for Hedge Funds, Private Equity, & Venture Capital Funds, Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!