Franchise Development Manager - Central
Posted on: April 10, 2021
JOB TITLE: Regional Franchise Development Manager - Central
LOCATION: It is required that this person currently reside
somewhere within, or near, the Central territory. This includes,
but is not limited to, the following areas- The Great Plains,
Midwest, and Central Sunbelt (Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas). Relocation to
the area may be considered but knowledge of the markets within the
territory is essential.
TRAVEL: Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline
COMPENSATION: $97,600 - $114,800 depending on skill and experience,
plus bonus based on individual and team performance
PURPOSE OF THE JOBThe position is responsible for process ownership
and execution of KFC's Franchise & Business Development strategies
for the Central territory.
- Act as a single point of contact for franchise development
related activity in territory. Build relationships with franchises
to influence development commitment against market plans. Support
ongoing development results aligned with those plans.
- Manage and support all phases of franchise development process.
This includes market planning, site selection & approval, real
estate contracts, permitting, construction, and turnover/grand
opening on projects from inception.
- Attain planned franchise development action approvals and
timely new store openings for territory. Complete accurate
forecasting and risk assessment.
- Utilize project management processes to develop and maintain a
pipeline of projects, track progress against milestones, and
effectively communicate progress reporting and results.
- Ensure all KFC Development activity in territory covered is
compliant and consistent with all related processes and policies,
including KFC Development Approval Committee requirements.
- Execute against KFC US market plan and asset strategy planning
processes. Develop tactics that enable and accelerate the US Growth
& Development Strategy. Perform benchmarking and competitive
analysis within priority DMAs for territory covered.
- Support KFC asset reviews for brand compliance and enrollment
in remodel pipeline and Exhibit A process as needed for renewals,
franchise to franchise transfers, etc. in territory covered.
- Support targeted Franchise Recruiting efforts to fill brand
strategic needs by identifying candidates. Support assessment and
qualification process for new franchisees entering the KFC system
through new unit development or acquisition for territory covered.
Support franchise on-boarding and follow up support processes as
- Support Closure Mitigation efforts through negotiation and
asset replacement initiatives in maintaining brand
- Support KFC Development Team as needed in planning, business
review, and ad hoc projects.
- Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS REQUIRED
- Education/Certifications - BA/BS in real estate, finance,
business or related field required. Masters in Real Estate or MBA
- Minimum of 4-5 years of market planning, real estate,
development related experience with demonstrated organizational
impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience
in franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas.
This includes site selection, trade area analysis, real estate
contract negotiating, construction management, facilities
management, and architecture.
- Sound internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical
thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the
organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.
- Advanced influencing, negotiation and sales skills.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management
skills. Past success driving results via creative thinking and
- Clear and effective communication across all media (face to
face, by phone, in writing) with people at various levels, whether
internal or external to the organization, including Franchisees.
Ability to partner well with cross functional departments.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload with shifting
priorities. Can work autonomously in a fast-paced and
deadline-driven environment while generating actionable
- Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the
Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint
skills. Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS
analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus.
Keywords: KFC, Garland , Franchise Development Manager - Central, Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!