Business Process and Controls Automation Engineering Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Business Process and Controls Automation Engineering Manager
will be responsible for management of complex/critical/large
initiatives to automate business processes and controls. Leads and
directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they
interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to
one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable
for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources,
policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources
for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to
include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary
actions and terminations and budget approval.Responsibilities:
Be responsible for management of complex/critical/large initiatives
to automate controls associated with Business Processes.
- Manage a portfolio of automation solutions and be responsible
for the delivery of all project tasks and outcomes. Partner with
internal customers to assess needs & design solutions to improve
efficiencies by automating repetitive processes; improve controls
through standardization of workflows and process redesign.
- Lead requirements & scoping sessions with business partners to
understand, define and anticipate business needs; create automation
and process solutions per business and systems requirements;
perform quality assurance reviews & direct stakeholders/customers
in quality testing to ensure requirements have been met and design
is optimized for functionality and performance.
- Collaborate with team members to define recommended technical
solutions, review project plans and make recommendations in
accordance with project management best practices, lead technical
sessions to increase team skills, and assist with the creation &
execution of test plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to attract senior talent and multiple
functions from inside and outside of company. Teach others how to
set high organizational performance standards, determine
performance measures and goals and establish a leadership bar. This
will require the ability to facilitate understanding of broader
organizational tenets and strategic goals for department
- Audit department goals to ensure alignment with broader
organizational goals and that these goals are aligned with and
accountable for department performance against goals
- Develop and communicate department vision that supports the
broader organizational vision; ensure team culture consistently
demonstrates alignment with leadership principles; and visibly ties
department decisions to leadership principles and tenets
- Lead the development, implementation, and delivery of
successful large-scale, critical and/or difficult software efforts
involving significant work (can be new software or a refactor of
existing software). Heavily influence the development and write a
significant portion of the "critical-path" code.
- Think in terms of architecture, not just code. Have detailed
knowledge of the work done by your team and proactively work to
improve consistency and integration between your software and
related software (owned by other teams).
- Influence your team's technical and business strategy by making
insightful contributions to team priorities and approach. You take
the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems,
architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software
bottlenecks the innovation of other teams. Make software
- Able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right
outcome for your team and customer. Harmonize discordant views and
lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
- Lead design reviews for your team and actively participate in
design reviews of related software or other team software at your
- Code, development and implementation decisions set a great
example to others. Provide insightful code reviews and take
ownership of outcome. ("You 'ship it', you own it.") Work very
efficiently and routinely deliver the right things.
- Demonstrate technical influence over 3-4 teams, either via a
collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity
and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices
(e.g., Security, Quality, Operational Excellence, etc.).
- Actively participate in the hiring process as well as mentor
others - improving their skills, their knowledge of your software,
and their ability to get things done
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a product line management,
e-commerce, and/or strategic planning role.
- Proficient in Business Workflow Management Tools like Pega Or
Appian Or other equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of Data integration with databases, legacy
systems and web services
- Preferred knowledge of Robotic Process Automation technologies
like Automation Anywhere, UIPath, etc.,
- Preferred Lean Six Sigma certification and in practice
- Solid experience with converting business into process flow,
designing architecture on an Enterprise level and proficient in one
or more project management tools.
- Has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology
products / services in a high growth environment where priorities
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and
develop business cases.
- First-class leadership and influencing skills, including
experience managing a Tech Team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and talent management skills,
including the ability to identify and develop product management
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred-Job
Family Group:Technology-Job Family:Digital Software
Engineering-Time Type:-Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.View
the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law
Supplement.View the EEO Policy Statement.View the Pay Transparency
Posting-Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all
successful applicants for positions located in the United States or
Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Garland , Business Process and Controls Automation Engineering Manager, Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!