Director, IT Services Management
Posted on: January 16, 2022
*Role can be remote in the DFW area only*
The Director, IT Service Management is responsible for developing
strategy and operational excellence standards and best practices
for BECU's Information Technology Service Level Management (ITSM)
framework, in alignment with the credit unions agile methodologies.
This role directs, guides, and develops teams and/or individual
contributors in technology change, incident, problem, service level
agreement, service improvement, service catalog, technology asset,
policy, and procedure management. In addition, this role is
responsible for establishing and driving the strategy for the teams
products and services.
- Perform all responsibilities by BECUs Performance Competencies,
compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training to develop
and encourage employee performance. Meet with staff on a timely
basis to conduct performance reviews.
- Oversee the operational excellence across the Incident, Change,
and Problem and Service Level Management Processes. Responsible for
developing strategy, operational excellence, policy, and service
delivery objectives for Incident, Change, Problem & Service Level
- Accountable for identifying service opportunity areas and
driving service improvement initiatives across the Technology
division, using quantitative measurements and success criteria, and
engaging cross-teams as needed. Ensure awareness and accountability
through regular reporting to executives, the service owners, and
the enabling teams.
- Oversee the Technology Asset Management function, including the
Configuration Management Database, and logical and physical asset
management and tracking.
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and governance of
an operations process documentation library.
- Manage the departments work intake process, ensuring requests
align to roadmaps, backlogs, and credit union strategies and
objectives, sizing the level of effort, and partnering with the
departments enabling team on validating prioritization and
- Manage IT's Service Level Agreements for business and
technology-owned applications, including annual renewals, monthly
SLA adherence reporting, lifecycle management, and
- Partner with Product Owners on the teams roadmaps and backlogs
that are consumer-centric, appropriately address technical debt and
result in efficient and sustainable products and services.
Influence partner roadmaps for alignment and viewing the holistic
needs of the credit union.
- Serve as an escalation point for, and communicates with,
cross-functional teams to receive feedback and to consider
- Participate in key Technology and assigned business unit
governance, planning, and initiative review teams, committees, and
- Lead the team with agile methodologies in alignment with the
credit unions guidelines. Infuse continuous improvement throughout
the teams services. Leverage LEAN principles, value stream mapping,
and other similar industry methodologies to increase efficiency and
- Develop feedback mechanisms to consistently seek stakeholder
and consumer feedback on the teams products and services, prizing
and acting on them.
- Remain knowledgeable on events, trends, and developments
involving IT Service Level Management, IT Operations, and the
technology industry. Recommend and advocate for emerging
methodologies, technologies, and frameworks.
- Identify, research, and resolve roadblocks that may arise and
affect the teams services and delivery.
- Oversee and ensure that operational metrics for the Service
Level Management Teams products and services are established,
maintained, and regularly communicated to stakeholders, consumers,
and various levels of the organization. Where needed, develop and
drive product and service improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the annual plan and other budget planning cycles
to support the credit unions needs and objectives. Identify ongoing
efficiencies and opportunities to reduce cost and/or increase value
to the business.
- Manage product, tool, and service vendor relationships and
contracts, partnering with vendor management, strategic sourcing,
legal, risk, and business support services as needed.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
or related field or experience required. Masters Degree
- Minimum eight years of experience in the Information Technology
business/industry with focus in areas such as the IT Service
Management framework, Process Management, Metrics Management, and
Technology Operations maintenance required.
- Minimum seven years of management experience required.
- Solid understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Demonstrated understanding of agile and product team roles,
responsibilities, and operating models required.
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively
- Keenness to stay current with developments in the technical and
financial services industry.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, planning, and decision-making
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement multiple
initiatives simultaneously required.
- Effective leadership and negotiation capabilities.
- Strong relationship management skills, including with internal
and external partners. Advanced cross-team collaboration skills and
ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Full-time hours are required, with additional hours and travel
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
Keywords: Becu, Garland , Director, IT Services Management, Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!