Business Program/Project Management Lead
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Program/Project
Management Lead for any of our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, &
Phoenix, AZ USAA locations. We are looking for our candidates to be
within 60 miles of either of these locations with expectations of a
hybrid work schedule. There is a possibility for a remote work
environment if the candidate is not within the 60 mile radius of
those USAA locations. Facilitates and leads the execution and
delivery of moderately to highly complex non-IT work efforts
intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within
prescribed timeframes and budgets. Demonstrates an expert
understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of
strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates
with key stakeholders, vendors and project/program teams to
identify mutually beneficial outcomes for competing priorities and
negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day. We're proud of USAA's strong
history --and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives implementation of moderately to highly complex work
typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility
to achieve strategic business goals and operational
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to
achieve program and milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established risk management practices to
address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and
costs, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities
for moderately complex and work efforts to accomplish goals and
objectives within a specified timeframe, scope and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and
reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and
executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through
root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project
challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and
operational objectives are met.
- Develops, tracks and oversees project budgets that may include
necessary capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity
amongst project stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Defines the control and the overall delivery of the work
efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted
stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s)
- Identifies and determines interdependencies of work within a
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective
- Proactively manages risk by using work efforts management
practices to address execution challenges associated with quality,
schedule and cost and supports escalation to resolve.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required).
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and
- Experience on project and program management and execution
experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized
program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Extensive experience leading complex projects with significant
number of deliverables including information technology and
dependencies across organization; working within defined scope and
budgets with aggressive timelines.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and
procedures.When you apply for this position, you will be required
to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Demonstrated experience identifying problems, gaining
leadership alignment on desired targets, performing analytical
reasoning to identify a solution, critically evaluating courses of
action, and following-thru on resolution plans
- Ability to influence business leaders and communicate strategic
- Strong verbal/written communication and change management
experience resulting in buy-in and clear ownership from senior
executives to individual contributors for delivery of desired
- Strong ability to drive internal initiatives and ensure
progress on priority workstreams, building shared goals,
objectives, and milestones and deliverables both within and across
- Manage strategy discussions and facilitate efforts to set
vision, long-term thinking and objectives for the organizationThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
skill is: $117,600.00 - $211,700.00. Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential:Geographic pay differential is additional
pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where
market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that
are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Garland , Business Program/Project Management Lead, Executive , Sachse, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!