Director of Account Management (Remote)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded
tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a
global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters
offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows
teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies
worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring
success-including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and
Visa-using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace
of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best
Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse,
and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive
salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within,
so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say,
we make sure you're taken care of. Our inclusive office environment
welcomes and respects all.
We are looking for a Head of Account Management to lead our
fast-growing Account Management team. This is a new position
reporting to North American Sales Leadership. You will be primarily
responsible for growing and developing a team of Account Managers
focused on driving value, retention, and growth within our existing
account base. This is an excellent opportunity to lead our Account
Management team to maximize annual recurring revenue and ensure
customer retention and overall account health.
We're looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable
wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You
must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your
feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating
startup that has Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its
- Lead, grow, and develop an Account Management team that
oversees our clients ranging from SMB to Fortune 500 companies,
with our largest segment centered around Large Enterprise
- Leverage data to coach the Account Management team to exceed
expansion and retention targets
- Drive healthy expansion of existing accounts and maintain a low
churn rate through strong customer relationships at all levels of
the customer organization.
- Lead lifecycle management for each account by understanding the
nuances of the buying cycle, including buyer journey (how they buy,
why they buy, when they buy), procurement, legal, and contracts
process, budget process, spending limits, procurement thresholds,
and sole source options.
- Identify expansion opportunities, potential issues and churn
risk within accounts and work proactively with the wider business
to take timely and effective action to eliminate risk.
- Inform the strategy and design of the Account Management
organization, including processes and best practices for each
- Determine critical activities needed for each type of customer,
to ensure healthy retention and growth of the account base.
- Serve as coach to the team and an escalation point, provide
troubleshooting and reconciliation of both internal and external
- Develop and manage ongoing executive sponsorship program to
ensure strong long term business relationships
- 5 plus years of management experience, including at least 3
years heading a successful account management organization in an
enterprise software environment.
- Proven success exceeding both expansion and retention
- Provide continuous mentorship and development of the Account
Management team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new
- Experience managing and negotiating a wide range of customer
accounts, from SMB ($20K ACV) to enterprise ($1M+ ACV).
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic and operating plans for
an Account Management department for long-term scale to include
defining and optimizing processes.
- Strong empathy for customers combined with a passion for
revenue and growth.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong cross-functional
partnerships with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to
articulate and sell a vision internally and externally.
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be
flexible in a changing environment.
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: SmartRecruiters, Garland , Director of Account Management (Remote), Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!