Territory Manager I - Remote
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SUMMARYResponsible for managing a high volume of domestic
Chlor-Alkali account & territory in North America by retaining and
growing existing business. The individual will be in charge of the
SE/SW Territory and work from home.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay include, but are not limited to, the
- Works under the direction of the Sr. Manager-Commercial Sales
but operates independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Focuses on a regional territory of accounts (i.e. plants,
technical, corporate, etc.) with full product line responsibilities
to stabilize and/or grow value at key accounts. Account
responsibility will have a minimum of $10 MM.
- Develops and maintains relationships with top executives at
corporate level down to production personnel at factory level to
establish Westlake value at all levels (multi-level selling).
- Manages accounts with increased complexity either in market
segmentation or Product Mix
- Under guidance of Sr. Manager-Commercial Sales negotiates
prices and sales volumes for all products.
- Responsible for setting/coordinating the account strategy &
plans for all accounts. This is to include: product mix, margin
upgrade, optimal ship to locations, sales call frequency,
management visit frequency, technical service visit frequency and
- Leads problem solving analysis in assigned areas and often
participates in problem solving in additional non-assigned areas.
Seen as a key resource internally within department.
- Foresight to provide input on market, sales trends, and
- Develops detailed annual sales plan and facilitates /
coordinates all functional resources to deliver on plan.
- Provide input in making decisions on critical sales
- Possesses expertise in sales strategies, face-to-face selling
skills and, if applicable, specialized products or markets.
- Forecast customer sales volumes annually and on a rolling 30,
60, and 90-day basis.
- Participate, when appropriate, in interdepartmental meetings to
address account needs or issues and contributes to process
improvements and efficiencies within department.
- Ability to utilize Customer Relationship Management sales tool
preferably SalesForce in order to manage current accounts,
prospective opportunities and leads and track sales
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and
operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including
reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to
initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as
active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in business, technical discipline or relevant
equivalent, and minimum 5 years of sales experience, preferably in
Chlor-Alkali or chemical industry.
- Requires ability to travel primarily by car (must maintain a
clean driving record) and air travel as required.
- Strong knowledge of the industry. Should be able to understand
the factors that influence commodity supply/demand and pricing and
compile data independently to begin formulating an analysis of the
current market landscape.
- Possesses expertise based on long and proven track record in
sales strategies, face-to-face selling skills, and specialized
products or markets.
- Ability to effectively and independently communicate orally and
in writing to the appropriate audience in a timely manner and to
communicate with and make presentations to customers and
- Completes responsibilities and projects assigned by management
in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, organization and time
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SalesForce, SAP and
other software tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Have the ability to manage a home office, remote
from the corporate office, with proper setup, technical tools, and
minimal in-house distractions which are conducive to a remote sales
environment.Some of the work may be required in the operating units
which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses,
hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside
elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up
to 50% including air travel or auto travel.
Keywords: Westlake, Garland , Territory Manager I - Remote, Executive , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!