Medical Surgical Nurse
Company: Advanced Diagnostics Hospitals & Clinics
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Registeristed Nurse Med Surg-5K Sign-On BonusThe Registered
Nurse collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery
of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides
professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing
assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education,
and documentation in the medical record.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality patient care
according to established standards of care which includes planning,
implementing, evaluating and adjusting plan of care, and discharge
planning based on expected patient Utilizes the nursing process to
provide quality patient care according to established standards of
care which includes planning, implementing, evaluating and
adjusting plan of care, and discharge planning based on expected
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patients.
- Completes ongoing patient assessment and documents according to
- Completes nursing assessment within department standard time of
admission, or designates reason for incompleteness. Reviews
database and nutrition screen.
- Participates in the development of patient plan of care to
include patient problems, goals, evaluation and interventions.
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient's condition
to appropriate personnel.
- Assesses, collaborates and coordinates patient's discharge
planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of
the care team.
- Demonstrates appropriate application of age specific standards,
policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for child,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Follows age specific standards in administering medications
based on the patient's age.
- Follows age specific standards of care during altered states of
consciousness related to analgesia, conscious sedation or
- Uses age specific standards, policies and procedures, and
guidelines to perform treatments and procedures that are routine
for unit/clinic based on patient's age.
- Education, Experience and Certification
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State
- Two (2) years experience as a Medical/Surgical Nurse in the
hospital setting preferred.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required. Current BLS at time of hire; ACLS
and PALS at time of hire or within thirty (30) days of
hireKnowledge, Skills and AbilitiesAbility to multi-task, utilize
critical thinking skills, organize, determine priority of duties,
some computer skills, effective oral and written communication
skills, work independently, work with frequent interruptions, and
manage stressful situations.
Keywords: Advanced Diagnostics Hospitals & Clinics, Garland , Medical Surgical Nurse, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!