Speech Language Pathologist II, Lake Pointe
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Speech Language Pathologist 2 plans and administers speech
language pathology services including evaluation, treatment and
education programs for patients to restore speech, language and
swallowing abilities. The SLP 2 has additional assigned duties or
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* PATIENT CARE: Evaluates, treats and monitors patient within the
speech pathology treatment plan. Modifies therapy program and
* ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Performs thorough and concise clinical
documentation in a timely manner. Enters charges accurately.
Understands reimbursement related to practice setting.
* COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with patients and
families, departmental coworkers, and members of the medical care
team. Provides education to patients, family and staff.
* CLINICAL SUPERVISION: Supervises students and volunteers.
Clinical fellowship mentors and those in their clinical fellowship
period will follow the American Speech Language Hearing Association
* PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Advances clinical skills through
ongoing education, literature review and implementation of evidence
based practice. Shares knowledge to develop the clinical skills of
colleagues. Adheres to organizational, national, and state
* ORGANIZATIONAL FOCUS: Maintains awareness of system goals. Aligns
individual goals and work activities to support or impact the
* ADVANCED ROLE: Performs regularly assigned duties or roles that
are in addition to the patient care role of the pathologist 1.
Duties are determined to be necessary to meet a clinical,
regulatory, or business need within the location. Examples of
additional roles could include: Staff development, student clinical
coordinator, quality improvement program leader, team leader,
specialty program leader, or other identified needs.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Must possess excellent interpersonal relation skills to include
excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate competency in assigned areas as specified for
* Exhibits strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of
excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians
* Possesses proficient computer knowledge; operates multiple
computer systems and standard Rehabilitation equipment.
* High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic
* Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a high level
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Masters'
* EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
* Speech Language Pathlogist (SLP)
* Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Garland , Speech Language Pathologist II, Lake Pointe, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!