Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Plant
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Number: 220008DYGarland, Texas - GARLAND, TexasTravel:
NoSchedule: Full-timePosted: 6/21/2022
DescriptionHere, we believe there's not one path to success, we
believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever
you come from in the world, there's a place for you at
Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore
your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to
share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You
can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and
Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all
backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and
Protected Veterans.This position is responsible for the
development, implementation, and on-going assessment of the site's
safety, health, environmental, and property preservation system.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the site's EHS system
meets the objectives of Sherwin-Williams' Corporate and Divisional
policies, procedures, and guidelines. This individual works with
the site management team to create a culture which emphasizes
employee engagement and is built upon the 5 focus areas of
Operational Excellence.Major Tasks Include:
- Develop site-specific safety, health, and environmental
policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all site EHS training.
- Develop awareness initiatives that reinforce safety programs
and encourage employee involvement.
- Develop and conducts new employee orientation for all
applicable EHS topics.
- Comply, calculate, and submit site safety statistics.
- Act as liaison between site and all EHS Divisional and
- Act as liaison between the site and all Federal, State, and
Local enforcement agencies.
- Develop action plans to either pursue OSHA VPP STAR status, or
maintain same if the site is already in the Program.
- Perform inspections, investigations and analyses to minimize
the potential for accidental losses or environmental releases.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and
duties as directed or needed.
- Lead and support employee led safety committees.
- Maintain balance technical EHS tasks and time on the
- Manage the EHS Management System and being audit ready at all
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or
8 years of work experience
- Must have at least 3 years of Environmental, Health & Safety
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
- Working experience of Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Degree with a major in Environmental Health & Safety,
Engineering or Business
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or
- Previous experience leading an OSHA VPP Audit or maintaining
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience using continuous improvement tools such as
Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S or Six Sigma
- Previous experience and understanding of environmental
regulations, requirements and programsCompetencies:
- Demonstrated leadership with a focus on organizational
performance alignment, and building a culture of trust &
- A history of Building Partnerships and leveraging both internal
and external relationships to persuade others to take action
- Proven decision making and high impact communication
skillsSherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive
and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,
age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any
other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local
employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral
of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Sherwin-Williams, Garland , Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Plant, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!