Registered Nurse (RN) - Garland, TX - Med Surg
Company: Perimeter Behavioral Hospital of Dallas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) - Garland, TXIf you're looking for a place
to grow your skills and experience, take a look at Perimeter
Healthcare! We're a behavioral healthcare company headquartered in
Alpharetta, GA operating acute psychiatric hospitals and
residential treatment centers. Perimeter Healthcare is a
ten-hospital behavioral company growing rapidly. The company has a
need for the following open Registered Nurse (RN) position(s) for
our Perimeter Behavioral Hospital located in Arlington, TX.
Full time Days - RN's
Full time Nights - RN's
The RN is a licensed professional who provides, coordinates and
evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health
team members in accordance with the nursing process, standards of
care and practices along with hospital philosophy. The RN will
function as an active part of the treatment team, providing
continuous care, supervision, interaction and role modeling to
patients under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and
experience. We also offer a robust benefit package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and documents patient information based on data
collected through nursing assessments, information obtained through
family, significant other, and/or primary caregiver.
- Creates and establishes patient assignment priorities based on
patient's needs, nursing assessment, identified problems, and
estimated length of stay while developing short- and long-term
goals and desired treatment outcomes.
- Assesses patients' vital signs and reports abnormalities to
- Assist patients through admission and discharge
- Provides and documents discharge instructions including food
and drug interactions, diets and activities as
- Provides and coordinates care to patients during
- Administers medications to patients, verifies informed consents
have been obtained prior to administering medications; evaluates
and documents patient's response to medication(s), reports any
medication errors, and maintains Medication Administration Record
- Verifies and monitors accuracy of updates and/or revisions made
to patient records for appropriate documentation and timely
- Utilizes professional and effective interviewing techniques,
problem solving and crisis intervention practices when performing
- Provides appropriate intervention based on knowledge of
psychiatric and medical emergencies, nursing procedures and
patients Master Treatment Plan (MTP).
- Identifies patients at risk and implements procedures to
monitor and reduce at risk factors.
- Participates in the development of the MTP unique to each
- Complies with established measures for HIPAA, infection
control, OSHA regulations, and risk management.
- Safely uses and maintains biomedical equipment (oxygen, EKG
- Practices and maintains therapeutic staff/patient relationship
Required Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, doctors,
and co-workers verbally and written.
- Must have a team player attitude and have the ability to
collaborate with other departments.
- Ability to provide superb customer service when communicating
and giving assistance to patients, physicians, coworkers and
visitors in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Use tactic, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional
attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at
all times to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate resourcefulness, patience and
- Ability to adapt to various patient populations, work in a fast
face environment, and adapt calmly and effectively to emergency
- Be able to read charts, treatment plans, physician orders and
Certificates and Licenses
- Current state licensure and basic life support; required.
Licensed and registered by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state and federal regulations
pertinent to work area/job.
- Maintains required licensing and/or certifications current and
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with an Associate's
degree in nursing preferred.--
- At least (1) year of related clinical experience in a hospital
setting with psychiatric experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass medication administration exam.
- Must successfully complete CPR and Handle with Care or Crisis
Prevention Intervention training within 10 days of
Keywords: Perimeter Behavioral Hospital of Dallas, Garland , Registered Nurse (RN) - Garland, TX - Med Surg, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!