Posted on: November 24, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Provides leadership to phlebotomy staff, collects blood specimens
from patients and assumes responsibility for processing of
specimens, data entry and point of care testing following
established standards and practices.
- Must have an Associate's degree from an accredited school with 24
hours of applicable science courses.
-Must have two years of phlebotomy experience in both venipuncture
and capillary techniques
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May substitute four years of phlebotomy experience in both
venipuncture and capillary techniques in lieu of Associate's degree
and experience as stated above.
--Prefer registration as a Phlebotomy Technician by ASCP.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within
90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete 90% of all collections
within the 90 day probationary period.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records and logs.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of a personal
computer and be able to learn and efficiently use required
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in meeting age
related and handicapped patients' needs.
- Must be able to cooperate with patients, visitors and hospital
- Must be able to handle detailed work and maintain a pleasant
demeanor while under pressure and stress.
- Must have clear speech, normal hearing and good visual
- Must be able to move rapidly from one location to the next.
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems.
Non-Waived Point of Care Testing
-- Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must have a high school
diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United
States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA)
or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
- A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript
or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of
hire or placement in job.Parkland Health and Hospital System
prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability,
national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
Keywords: Parkland, Garland , Sr.,Phlebotomy Technician, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!