Nurse Manager of NICU
Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Description IntroductionManagers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare
is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services,
comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in
21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Nurse
Manager of NICU for our Medical City Dallas team where excellence
creates excellence.BenefitsMedical City Dallas, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare
industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in
recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply
for our Nurse Manager of NICU role today!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Manager for NICU accepts responsibility for all
department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and
facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for
critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered
Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the NICU clinical
- Integrate the management of information and effective
communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of
Professional Practice .
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the
coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age
& developmental specific care for the neonate up to 2 years of
- Create NICU Department specific initiatives and process
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with
all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of
personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget,
capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required
- Advanced degree, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years management experience to include management
of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning,
marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations,
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
- NRP required This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Medical City
Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and
commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed
tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500
physicians, many are recognized as the world's best in their
specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over
the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated
treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City
Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We
have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient
clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to
state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical
procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical
City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading
medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the
network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's
Most Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you're looking for a leadership
opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and
professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Nurse
Manager of NICU.Unlock your leadership potential with HCA
Healthcare.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Garland , Nurse Manager of NICU, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...