Registered Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant
Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description IntroductionMedical City Dallas is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Bone Marrow
Transplant position and spend more time at the bedside with the
patient.BenefitsMedical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Medical
City Dallas!Job Summary and QualificationsWhat you will do in this
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding
the health status of the patient, following standards of care and
disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to
optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed
nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance
with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to
age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient /
family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You may also provide the following specialized care:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management,
including investigational protocols
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous
access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesiaWhat qualifications you will
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (ASN) from Texas Board
of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted. BSN required
within 24 months of hire into RN position.
- Current BLS- Healthcare Provider issued by American Heart
Association or American Red Cross is required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an acute care setting
within the last three years required. Oncology experience highly
- ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Provider must be
obtained within 1 year of employment start dateThis role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved).Medical City Dallas is recognized for its
advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient
care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team
consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the
world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City
Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We
offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician
specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital
and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric
emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our
providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are
pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As
a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are
ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare
innovations across the network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized
as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. -"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care,
our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients,
communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Registered Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant opening.
Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach
out.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Garland , Registered Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...