Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - OB/GYN - $32-50 per hour
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) OB/GYN for a nursing job in Dallas, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OB/GYN
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your
abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas
of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland
works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of
individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining
Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's
served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to
work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team
where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.PRIMARY
- The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery,
that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health
conditions, by the health care team.
- Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient,
identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems,
develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and
evaluates the patient's response.
- The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based
on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the
competencies of the employee.MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONSEducation:
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing
Degree (BSN) preferred.Experience:
- Less than 2 years of experience.Equivalent Experience:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network.
- Must have current American Heart Association ACLS/ALS course
completion card within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the
- Effective 8/11/2021, incumbents were placed into position based
on years of experience for the role through job architecture.
- All internal incumbents placed into positions will have until
12/31/2021 to obtain ACLS certification.Skills or Special
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team
members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates
patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
area.Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.Parkland Health and Hospital
Systems Job ID #852921-en_US. Posted job title: RN Spec -
OBGYN-Emergency Services-FT-NightsAbout Parkland Health and
Hospital SystemMissionWe will advance wellness, relieve suffering,
develop and educate.
VisionWe will advance health equity through excellence as a public
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are
reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I
CARE stands for:Integrity - I will be honest, trustworthy,
authentic, humble and transparent.Compassion and collaboration - I
will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I
will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our
community.Accountability - I will hold myself and others
responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will
welcome feedback.Respect - I will value the unique and diverse
experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and
humility.Equity - I will value the diversity of patients and
colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Garland , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - OB/GYN - $32-50 per hour, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...