Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care - $32-50 per hour
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Senior for a nursing job
in Dallas, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your
abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas
of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland
works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of
individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining
Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's
served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to
work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team
where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.PRIMARY
- A Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 plus years of experience.
- The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery,
that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health
conditions, by the health care team.
- Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient,
identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems,
develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and
evaluates the patient's response.
- The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based
on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the
competencies of the employee.--MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONSEducation:Must
be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.--Experience:
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Prefer experience in an acute care setting.--Equivalent
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network.
- Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the role.--Skills
or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team
members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates
patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and hospital staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
- Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs,
patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural
- Maintains positive working relationships with all Parkland
internal and external customers, employees, etc.
- Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team
- Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care
- Provides patient care educational information and training to
patient and family members.
- May participate in community outreach activities (such as
health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as
- Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules,
regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern
nursing practice, and ensures the hospital and Parkland are in
- Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to
applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of
accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health
- Maintains and updates knowledge of sanitation, infection
control, safety, supplies, equipment, appropriate utilization of
supplies and materials.
- Performs appropriate patient assessments including continuous
surveillance. Recognizes changes in a patient's condition and
provides appropriate interventions as necessary.
- Consults with other team members as required, notifies
providers to report changes in patient condition and implements
orders in a timely manner. Exercises independent judgment in
providing safe nursing care to the critically ill/stable
- Provides safe medication administration using the patient's six
(6) rights, provide maintenance and management of IV access, be
able to perform POC monitoring and demonstrate safe infection
control practices, and use of developmental care products.
- Supports appropriate positioning, assessment and management of
pain as developmentally appropriate for gestational age and
provides emergency resuscitation management of an infant.
- Completes appropriate documentation.
- Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient
care records and hospital documents.
- Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards,
goals, and objectives of the NNICU and Parkland.
- Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing
- Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other
Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and
objectives of the NNICU and Parkland. Seeks and utilizes direction
from more experienced staff and team members as needed.
- Provides appropriate hand off any time care is
- Serves as Charge Nurse on rotation as necessary.
- Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing staff
- Prepares and conducts an in-service educational program for the
NNICU at least once per year.
- Identifies ways to improve work process and improve patient and
customer satisfaction utilizing therapeutic communication with
family including recommendations for support groups, providing
information and resources.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors
results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the NNICU
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and
trends in nursing practice by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals and actively participating in professional
- Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse, plus
any additional required licensures/certifications.
- Integrates knowledge gained into current work
practices.Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits
discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, disability, national
origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
status.Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job ID #882481-en_US.
Posted job title: Sr RN Spec - NICUAbout Parkland Health and
Hospital SystemMissionWe will advance wellness, relieve suffering,
develop and educate.
VisionWe will advance health equity through excellence as a public
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are
reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I
CARE stands for:Integrity - I will be honest, trustworthy,
authentic, humble and transparent.Compassion and collaboration - I
will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I
will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our
community.Accountability - I will hold myself and others
responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will
welcome feedback.Respect - I will value the unique and diverse
experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and
humility.Equity - I will value the diversity of patients and
colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Garland , Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care - $32-50 per hour, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...