Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical ICU Stepdown - $32-50 per hour
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) Surgical ICU Stepdown Senior for a nursing job in
Dallas, Texas. Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Surgical ICU Stepdown
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Permanent Interested in a career with both
meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient
care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration
and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our
mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities
entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a
diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than
125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to
learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a
job. It's our passion. $10K Hiring Incentive Eligible for qualified
candidates Sr Registered Nurse Surgical PCUFT Nights, including
rotating weekends PRIMARY PURPOSEA Registered Nurse (RN) with
Skills or Special Abilities
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provide continuous assessment, consult with other team members
as required and provide nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
- Exercise independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good
oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital
staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non nursing
staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Charge
- Prepare and conduct in service educational programs.
- Demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
- Medical - Active Day 1 of hire
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Personal Leave
- Annie's Place - Complimentary Backup Weekend Childcare
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Dental
- Employee Health Center
- Employee Referral Program
- Parkland Center of Nursing Excellence
- And more!Minimum Requirements:
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing
Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Current/Valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas
Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license in good
- Current/Valid BLS from one of the following: American Heart
Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
- 2 years of acute care nursing experience (ICU/CCU).
- Current/Valid ACLS/ALS course completion care within 90 days of
hire or reclassification into the role. Parkland Health and
Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over),
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, disability, national origin, marital status, political
belief, or veteran status.Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job
ID . Posted job title: Sr Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical PCU - FT
Nights $10K Hiring Incentive About Parkland Health and Hospital
System MissionWe will advance wellness, relieve suffering, develop
VisionWe will advance health equity through excellence as a public
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are
reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I
CARE stands for:Integrity - I will be honest, trustworthy,
authentic, humble and transparent.Compassion and collaboration - I
will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I
will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our
community.Accountability - I will hold myself and others
responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will
welcome feedback.Respect - I will value the unique and diverse
experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and
humility.Equity - I will value the diversity of patients and
colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Garland , Staff - Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical ICU Stepdown - $32-50 per hour, Healthcare , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...