Software Manager - Team Lead (Frontend) - Chicago/NYC or Remote (ET/CT)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Building and executing a great investment strategy shouldn't
require a PhD, nor a million-dollar budget. It should be simple.
The wealth management industry is rapidly evolving, and tech
solutions like YCharts are paving the way for advisors and planners
to scale their businesses.
YCharts enables its customers to make smarter investment decisions
and better communicate with their prospects and clients. Our
cloud-based software provides investment advisors, wealth managers,
asset managers, and retail investors with powerful research tools,
comprehensive data, compelling visuals, and customizable sales
Thanks to our best-in-breed software and unparalleled support,
YCharts has transitioned from a fintech startup to a thriving
growth company (Inc. 5000 Honor Roll 5x Fastest Growing Company) in
the burgeoning "wealth-tech" space. YCharts proudly services
industry-leading names such as John Hancock, TD Ameritrade,
Fidelity, and Charles Schwab.
We are seeking an Engineering Team Lead who will be responsible for
managing a group of 4 engineers from a human and technical
perspective. Engineering team leads are expected to be hands-on
leaders than can plan projects, review code, and contribute when
they have the bandwidth. They will be working across the frontend
parts of our application which uses Typescript, Angular, and
Webpack. We aim to deliver high-impact changes to our customers
that range from working refactoring and improving charting tools to
greenfield features like Custom PDF Reports.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Plan, estimate, build, lead and support the multidimensional
products that your team is responsible for
- Write code and review code written using Typescript and
- Take a hands-on approach to make sure projects are completed on
time while balancing individual team member's ability to develop
their engineering skills
- Partner with our product team and engineering leaders to design
and build impactful features on our platform
- Find opportunities to refactor code or features that no longer
scale or can be simplified
- Lead engineers by example through projects and make decisions
without always complete information or requirements
- Develop and retain key engineering members on your team and
help them identify their goals as individual contributors or future
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least 4+ years as an individual contributor or 1+ years of
experience managing engineers
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining application
features on the frontend
- Experience leading multi-month projects from conception to
maintenance with multiple team members
- Desire to take ownership and responsibility when a problem or
- Experience working with non-technical teams (product, business,
etc) where explaining technical concepts is needed
- Self-organized and able to drive cross-functional efforts
- Ability to decipher "wants" versus "needs" and comfortable
negotiating priority of features with product teams
- 5x Inc. 5000 "Fastest Growing Companies"
- American Banker's "#1 Best Fintechs to Work For"
- Inc.'s "Best Places to Work"
- Inc.'s "Top Regionals: Midwest"
- Fintech Global's "WealthTech 100"
- Crain's "Best Places to Work in Chicago"
- Deloitte's "Technology Fast 500"
- InvestmentNews' "Biggest Fintech Innovations"
- Technology Tools for Today & Inside Information's "Top Tool
Advisors Are Thinking About Adding"
PERKS & REC:
- Chicago (River North) & NY (Chelsea) offices
- 100% Employer-covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO including "Celebration Days"
- DEI commitment
- Continued education via "Starbucks and Study"
- Summer hours- we head out early during the warm months!
- $60/week Grubhub credits for in-office lunches
- Rotating selection of high-quality coffees
- Craft beer, kombucha, and cold brew on tap
- Snacks and drinks to get you through the day
- Opportunity to join team leagues like kickball
- Fun company outings including an annual celebration in Chicago,
Whirlyball, community service, baseball games, and happy hours!
YCharts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
At YCharts, we feel strongly that respect and inclusion are
essential ingredients for creativity, innovation, and success.
While we know there's more work to be done to advance diversity and
inclusion, we're proud of our success thus far and excited for the
journey to come. Want to help us?
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: YCharts, Garland , Software Manager - Team Lead (Frontend) - Chicago/NYC or Remote (ET/CT), Hospitality & Tourism , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!