Software Engineer II
Company: Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2020
* Functional area: Engineering
* Country: United States (Texas)
* City: Garland
* Company name: Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC
* Date of Posting: April 27, 2020
* Last date to apply: May 31, 2020
Number of positions:5
Support control programs and technology options
* Create specifications of system improvement and new features
* Edit or create programs based on specifications
* Assist in commissioning of new RCS rigs and retrofit kits
* Perform program release testing
* Trains and develops new entry level employees
* Must have the ability to prioritize/re-prioritize tasks, carry
out root cause analysis, and deal with scheduling conflicts.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSE:
* Bachelor s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or
equivalent experience (5-10 years)
* Training in embedded software development, object oriented
development in C++
* Experience in agile software development is preferred
* A basic understanding of electronics
* Unit testing of programs developed
* A basic understanding of hydraulic systems is a plus
* Experience in infrastructure / servers, .NET, or having Cisco
certification or MCSE will be a benefit
* Training and experience in control system design and logic will
be a benefit
WORK EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM REQUIRED):
* Robotic or Machine controls programming
* Experience in C/C++ and Java for human interfacing and GUI
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
Must be a team player open-minded and flexible.
Interested in robotics and technology development.
Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and work in a
fast paced environment which requires multi-tasking capability.
UNITED. INSPIRED. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us,
and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our
employees to take ownership of their own development and careers
with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a
culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative
ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading
manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn
more at www.epirocgroup.com
Epiroc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, sexual preference, genetic information, protected
veteran status, gender identity, or any other protected class
designation. Job promotions at Epiroc will be based on such factors
as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety
record, and ability to work with others.
Keywords: Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC, Garland , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!