Lead Developer (Java, C++) - Dallas, TX
Company: Office Depot
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Office Depot is a brand you've counted on since 1986 for your
office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail
network and world-class technology platforms. As the business
landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at
our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we
do business. We're reinventing ourselves and making significant
investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive
growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a
part of this revolutionary change! As a Lead Developer specializing
in Java and C++, you will be an integral team member of an agile
development team within our innovative Product & Technology
organization, contributing greatly to this pivotal transformation
in the B2B space. Leverage your strong knowledge of designing,
building and maintaining high quality technology solutions that
deliver an exceptional customer experience. Work hand-in-hand with
the product owner, business analysts and your fellow team members
to translate user stories and functional requirements into
resilient & secure technical designs. Then, implement the designs
as production-ready application code using Java and C++. Manage the
design and integration of all required cloud IaaS & PaaS services
including compute, database, messaging, object storage and more.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you have advanced
coding skills, preferably with 7-10 years of development experience
with Java. You'll also need 3 or more years of experience with C++,
3 or more years with at least one public cloud platform, and 2 or
more years managing containerized applications with Kubernetes or
Docker. What You'll Do
- Translate user stories and functional requirements into
resilient & secure technical designs.
- Design, build & maintain quality tech solutions to deliver an
exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate
monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported
- Guide the development team in overall application technology
design activities. Lead the identification and definition of key
architectures, components and interfaces, design of data models and
- Work with product owners to develop team roadmaps, prioritize
features & estimate effort levels.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of
learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering is
required. Master's degree is preferred.
- 7-10 years' hands-on development experience. 7 or more years
with Java and 3 or more years with C++.
- Experienced in designing and developing HTTP based
microservices in Java/GoLang/C++.
- Good Docker, Linux and scripting experience to encapsulate C++
applications in Docker.
- Working knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC.
- Practical expertise with Git source code management.
- Adept with public cloud IaaS & PaaS services like compute,
database, messaging, object storage.
- Able to create unit, performance and integration tests with
jUnit, jMeter/k6, or Postman/Newman.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker to manage
- Knowledge of RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, or
- Basic working knowledge of Linux and Unix.
- API design experience with advanced HTTP and Swagger, producing
& consuming service endpoints.
- Natural problem solver.
- Ability to mentally model complex systems and then break down
complex problems into smaller, less complex problems.
- Detail-oriented team player with strong communication
Keywords: Office Depot, Garland , Lead Developer (Java, C++) - Dallas, TX, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!