Developer II, Application Development
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Summary:The Developer II reports to a Team Led, Tech Lead or
Application Development Manager and works closely with business
analysts, software engineers, release management engineers,
architects, and QA analysts to manage the project knowledgebase and
implement programmatic solutions for Elevate's software platforms.
The Developer II employs the latest technologies and development
best practices. He or she carries out development operations
through code reviews, build management, and production support.
- Ensure the quality and completeness of feature stories
submitted to the team for evaluation.
- Develop applications through their full lifecycle from
analysis, design, development to production release and
- Interpret written requirements and technical specifications
documents, developing features and stories as required for the
- Perform object-oriented design and analysis (OOD/OOA).
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality thru
runbooks including post-deployment validation and monitoring
- Participate in design/code reviews. Offer feedback on code
reviews to peers.
- Suggest methods and new technologies for increasing the
effectiveness of changes and of general production support
- Complete development tasks that support the new architecture
including tool configuration, code refactoring and migration.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of continuous integration,
service abstraction, and queuing services.
- Assist the Team Lead with project planning and estimation.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or
- Minimum 3-5 years' software development experience developing
solutions on the Microsoft Platform
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles and
- Minimum 3-5 years' professional experience with C# .NET, SQL
Server, and ASP.NET
- Experience with build automation, continuous integration, and
source code branching strategies (Azure DevOps)
Angular, Twitter Bootstrap)
- Solid understanding of Authentication/Authorization (.NET and
- Strong SQL programming skills with MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with API Management Tools (Azure API Management,
Mulesoft API Management)
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud Technologies
- Exposure to Agile software development practices
- Desired: UML modeling skills (use cases, sequence diagrams,
state machine, deployment diagrams)
- Desired: Knowledge of financial systems
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) a major plus
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC a plus.
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills,
fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong
partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum;
has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate
change through influence
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team
settings with dependencies on other people
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult
situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the
long-term architectural view
- Steps outside of "comfort zone" to tackle new issues/challenges
in an aggressive manner, demonstrates the ability to leverage
self-directed learning opportunities, and is comfortable dealing
with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas; is open to
challenges and implements unique solutions to solve them; focuses
on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across
teams and departments
- Has established experience in his or her technical field and
continually augments experience and skills with the latest research
results and techniques
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of
actions, words, and professional beliefs
Keywords: Elevate, Garland , Developer II, Application Development, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!