Information Technology Field Technician
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Apex Systems is currently looking for IT Field Technicians to
support a project through one of our government integration
In this role, you would travel to Naval Bases nationwide to provide
IT Support for related to base projects. Below is an outline of the
opportunity including deployment scheduling, travel, and daily
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please send a copy
of your updated resume to Tessa Moulds, Government Services
Opportunity OutlinePosition: Travel TechnicianPay Rate: Government
mandated through a wage calculator. Wages are determined based the
candidates home state and county and vary contractor to contractor.
The contract is a W2. Contractors will be paid for each hour
worked.Start Date: ASAP, TBD - Base access processing takes between
4 and 6 weeks.Requirements:
- All contractors must have a fully adjudicated Secret Clearance
to support the US Naval Bases.
- Contractors must also be DOD 8570 Compliant by holding an
active CompTIA CE A+, Network+, or Security+ Certification.
- Contractors must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Provide desk side support to computer hardware, software, and
other electronic or mechanical devices including clients, servers,
and legacy systems.
- Perform all information assurance activities at the site to
fulfill the Local Element role, to include Electronic Key
Management System (EKMS) requirements (Applicable to the Cyber
Security Specialist labor category only).
- Responsibilities could include: monitoring networks;
maintaining, diagnosing, and upgrading hardware and software for
all military installations supported by NMCI (Navy Marine Corps
- Configure, assemble and install laptops, microcomputers,
workstations and/or peripheral equipment.
- Special Project Deployments could include: replacing hard
drives, conducting memory upgrades, scanning and tracking hard
drives, initiating user data backups, and machine refreshes.
Deployments, Schedules, & TravelDeployments:
- Deployments to bases will vary based on the scope of work
needed and travel scheduling. This is a project based opportunity
and flexibility is required. Each deployment will be slightly
different as each bases volume and needs are different.
- As a reference, the last travel tech project had deployments
that were roughly 3 weeks. Contractors would then return home for
the weekend, and then be deployed out for another 3 weeks of
- There might be deployment gaps where you are off work for a
week due to base support requests and travel/scheduling
- This is an hours worked, hours paid contract. There is no PTO
included in the role.
- Hours will vary each week based on the deployment. Anticipated
hours are 30-40 per work week.
- As a reference, under the last travel tech project contractors
typically saw 30-40 hours per week with occasional weeks off as
base scheduling demands shifted.Travel:
- If you are local to the base you are supporting, under that
deployment you would not qualify for travel expenses.
- If you are over 50 miles from the work location, depending on
distance- flights, hotels, and rental vehicles will be booked and
provided by Apex Systems. Incidentals incurred during the
deployment (gas, meals, parking, etc.) will be reimbursed based
upon receipts. Travel time is considered worked time and is
billable. EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or .
Keywords: Apex Systems, Garland , Information Technology Field Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!