Director, Technology - News Stations Exp Required
Company: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The DFW Operations and Technology Dept. (DFW TechOps) provides
Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Productions,
Studios and Facilities services for internal clients for the local
portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Stations Businesses. The
Technology team has responsibility for partnering with our local
and division teams to build, deploy and support the technical
systems used at NBCU Owned Television Stations KXAS/KXTX in DFW,
the LX Network, as well as the remotely hosted Production and News
infrastructure supporting multiple Telemundo stations across the
country. The Director, Technology is a full time position leading
the TechOps Engineering and Technical Support teams focused on the
implementation of Technology solutions and providing client focused
technical support. This position is a critical part of delivering
world class support, innovative new Technology, enabling
operational change and driving smart business solutions. Reporting
locally to the VP, Technology & Operations, and working in concert
with the Division's VP Technology & Operations, the Director,
Technology will be the client facing role, responsible for the
direct supervision of the technical team, overseeing complex
technical project delivery, and support and sustainability for all
local technical systems. Candidate must have experience in managing
and developing technical staff with a deep understanding of current
and emerging technologies across media and entertainment including
infrastructure, distribution, live production, post production,
newsgathering & newsroom systems.
- Development, implementation and accountability to standards,
controls and processes that ensure a high degree of availability
and reliability across all technical systems and operations
- Facilitate team success with strategic guidance and helping
identify and mitigate roadblocks.
- Manage day-to-day technical support operations, ensuring the
DFW TechOps Technical Support standards are met focusing on load
balancing, prioritization, SLAs and client satisfaction.
- Support Enterprise teams with IT system troubleshooting and
- Handle and address customer communication, escalation and
incident response management.
- Provide escalation support for deployed infrastructure as
needed by liaising with vendors and other internal/external
engineering SMEs for problem resolution.
- Manage the implementation, commissioning, documentation and
operational handoff of new technology.
- Work with client Operations teams to promote a strong VOC to
define requirements and deliver solutions that creatively solve
business challenges or implement new processes across News,
Production, Creative Services and other departments as needed.
- Provide operational support as needed.
- Evaluate and manage technical solutions across all broadcast
systems including both SDI and ST-2110 video infrastructures,
physical, virtualized, cloud-based computer & storage network,
encode/decode platforms, live production systems, news gathering
tools, NLE, media asset management systems, distribution and
- Ensure the successful handoff and maintenance of all relevant
documentation, system knowledge and support processes to the
support & operational teams.
- Test new technology through participation in POC initiatives
and make recommendations for inclusion in strategic plan.
- Make recommendations on needed resources, feasibility, budget
and timing requirements.
- Participate in the development and management of capital
budgets and YoY operational budgets.
- Promote and ensure the use of key documentation processes and
the transfer of knowledge across teams.
- Provide coaching, leadership and development of expertise
across the technical teams.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of team metrics.
- Other duties as deemed necessary. Qualifications/Requirements
:Basic Qualifications:--- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years
of technical leadership experience with proven record of developing
and supporting high performing teams--- Bachelor's degree in
Project Management, Media, Computer Science, Engineering, or
equivalent experience with 8+ years' industry experience preferred.
--- Experience in the architecture and management of IT, broadcast
infrastructure and production systems, including ST-2110 for live
production environments. Eligibility Requirements:--- Interested
candidate must submit a resume/CV through to be considered--- Must
be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas just south of DFW
Airport.--- Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours,
and on weekends with short notice--- Must have unrestricted work
authorization to work in the United States--- Must be 18 years or
older --- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute
Keywords: NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Garland , Director, Technology - News Stations Exp Required, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!