Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
Company: Questar Assessment Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Interested in using your Cloud expertise to make a difference in
K-12 educational assessments?
The Senior Software Engineer will be a full-stack developer working
on Questar's multi-platform code bases. You will be implementing
new features, maintaining existing code, refactoring existing code,
establishing and refining development standards across the breadth
of products used both internally and customer facing at Questar
Questars code base primarily includes some Amazon Web Services
(Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, API Gateways), ASP.NET Restful APIs,
Electron. All code is currently under source control using Git
This is the opportunity to take your engineering experience and
lead the transformation and modernization of our Test Delivery
system. As such, you will help define the future architecture of
our product and lead its development while supporting the existing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code-review and working with a team of other developers
- Collaborate with peers in best practices for code
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to collaborate on
requirement or code
- Expected to mentor and guide other developers
- Develop code to streamline and support online content authoring
and publishing capabilities that are needed to enhance new and
innovative items to students across nation
- Develop clean code using best practices that utilizes proven
design pattern in a test-driven development environment
- Enforce and adhere to Questar's GitFlow source control
- Responsible for product releases and hotfix.
- During live production activities respond to client support and
customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot and solve
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and
timelines to client-facing program management teams
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in a
software development role with demonstrated expertise in the
- Strong AWS Cloud experience that includes creating,
implementing and maintaining services such as Lambdas, S3, SQS,
SNS, API Gateways or comparable experience with Microsoft Azure or
Google Cloud Platform serverless services.
- Solid back-end experience working with .Net, .Net Core, C# and
ASP.Net Restful APIs.
- Full-Stack experience that includes working with modern web
frameworks (Angular, React or Vue), web components, HTML5, CSS3,
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited four-year college or
university, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to write clean standardized code that performs
- Prior experience mentoring junior/mid-level developers, taking
lead roles on projects, and collaborating effectively amongst teams
both on and offshore.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa
sponsorship now or in the future
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Questar Assessment Inc., Garland , Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!