iOS Developer (remote)
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Who we areWere building a Catholic meditation app. Think Calm or
Headspace, but for prayer. We believe that people are searching for
peace & spiritual growth, and that there is no surer way to find it
than by learning to sit in silence with God: "Come to me, all you
that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you
rest" (Mt 11:28). Our goal is to build something that combines the
beauty of the Church's spirituality with truly world-class tech &
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December
of 2018 and so far we've been humbled with incredible growth &
traction. We just passed 1M+ downloads & over 30,000 5-star
reviews. Were blessed to be backed by some of the best VC investors
in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot
more folks grow closer to God.
Tldr: We are scaling up our dev team quickly and looking for
someone who can join our product growth team & help code the iOS
version of the app (in Swift).
What Youll Do
- Build the app: Build a best-in-class native Swift mobile app to
help our users pray and meditate around the world
- Build out the product: Implement designs, interfaces, and
animations into our app; build out the next versions of our
community functionality allowing users to interact with one
another; lead the iOS dev for the product-led growth pod
- Optimize: Architect frameworks for allowing A/B testing of
content, fine-tune media streaming to enable our content to be
What Youll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear
amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something
that's impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: "I hate
quoting an old, overused cliche, but I've been very lost. And I
think for the first time in a while I may be found."
- Ownership: You'll report to Chris, our VP of Engineering, and
will be on a very small team of engineers that own the entire iOS
version of the app
- Growth: You'll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley
startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every
employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the
company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to
expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would
love to have everyone there. That being said, we're super flexible
with location / hours; don't care when or where you work just that
it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of
equity, cash, & benefits.
What Were Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we're looking for someone excited
and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to
actually care about what you're working on!
- Experience: A foundation of 2+ years of experience in Swift and
iOS development in general; experience working on other apps that
use MediaPlayer or media streaming; an attention for detail with
regards to design and crafting user interfaces; knowledge of
application architecture and design; experience building reactive
applications that interact with live content
- Bonus, but not required: experience with CarPlay or
- Grit & Detail-Oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care
about what we're doing. Youll be jumping into a brand new role in a
fast moving team, perseverance and attention to detail are
We are so incredibly humbled that youre considering joining the
Alex JCEO & Co-Founder
Keywords: Hallow, Garland , iOS Developer (remote), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!