Frontend Principal Software Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments
and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the
simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments.
Unlike other payment platforms, Routable's modern, easy-to-use API
allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in
We're a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We're helping some
of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including
Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams
trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving,
and openness-one that provides the support and mentorship needed to
succeed, learn, and grow. Well make sure you have everything you
need to do your best work and make an impact. We're a fully remote
startup with our team working from a city they love across the
United States and Canada.
About The Role
As a Principal Engineer you will work directly with the product and
engineering teams to help shape our product and culture. Your
primary role will be to architect, influence, and build strategic
web application systems and features. You will be a technical
leader within the engineering organization and partner closely with
engineering and product leads across multiple teams. Your work will
consist of a balance between technical guidance, architecture
design, and implementation to deliver high quality software
solutions in a rapidly evolving B2B payments environment. It's a
unique chance to be an advocate for our incredible coding
standards, efficiency and reliability.
Who We're Looking For
- You are a highly knowledgeable and experienced frontend
engineer with expertise in frontend development.
- You are excited about building and maintaining infrastructure
to handle facilitation of thousands of B2B payments.
- You are interested in setting direction for the team and help
guide engineering vision.
- You are comfortable implementing integrations to other pieces
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality, impactful
software to our system and its general health.
Need to have
- 10+ years of experience designing and building SaaS software
products from concept to launch
- 5+ years of experience with modern frontend technologies and
frameworks - React, Redux
- Excellent UX and design sensibilities and a zeal for sweating
- Working experience building, deploying, and scaling modern web
- Tenaciousness about software performance and high
- Experience mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Solid coding practices including writing technical
specifications, peer code review, and testing (e.g. unit,
- Interest in integrating third-party APIs and the ability to
understand them in several formats (e.g. SOAP, REST, GraphQL)
- Desire to architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and
Nice to have
- 5+ years experience with Python and Django
- Experience with financial, accounting, or payments systems
- Understanding of payment platforms (ACH, Check, Credit-card,
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States or
Canada on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to
only find talent in one city, we'd rather find the absolute best
people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our
remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling
------ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Principal Software Engineer reports directly to the Engineering
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding
principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and
ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based
on our ability to embody them.
Keywords: Routable, Garland , Frontend Principal Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!