Principal Software Development Engineer(Go/Java)-Remote
Posted on: May 12, 2022
This is a 100% fully remote role. You can work remotely from
anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that
focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement,
owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP).
We are innovation-driven, customer-centric, and ready to transform
Business-to-Business (B2B) Procurement with insights gleaned from
Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest
initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast.
About the Role
We seek teammates who drive value creation, are great problem
solvers, have strong interpersonal savvy, and can successfully
learn on the fly! Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to
shape our limitless future.
On our team, you will: see and feel the direct impact of your work;
be surrounded by passionate people; learn how to be an
entrepreneur; and be at the center of a highly dynamic business
model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
As Principal Software Development Engineer, you'll create and
innovate multi-disciplinary technical and functional solutions to
unprecedented problems and devise solutions for the most complex
and highest risk business situations. You're an ideal candidate for
this role if you have vast experience in software development and
have a track record of helping companies reinvent their core
business and drive the execution of their end-to-end technology
What You'll Do
- Perform as one of the company's highest-level experts in 2-3
disciplines, platforms, technologies, systems, or processes.
- Advise executives on the use of current and future technologies
for optimal impact on current and future business strategies and
- Serve as an expert-level resource for making strategic
investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems,
programs, or processes. Act on own initiative and awareness of
market conditions and technical innovations to provide solutions to
problems before they occur.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current best practices and
emerging trends within the technical architecture and application
development arenas. Maintain an awareness and understanding of
relevant emerging technologies.
- Creating and expanding relationships with major vendors,
suppliers, regulators, or other critical external
- Understand and be proficient with company procedures for
documenting new initiatives with complex business cases and
detailed ROI models to gain IT, Business Unit, and Executive
Committee agreement and approval to proceed.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of
learning opportunities for continued growth within the company.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience designing, developing, and deploying
large-scale systems on multiple platforms, preferably in Java EE
- Proven experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform
- Ability to conceive, design, and create new tools, products, or
processes in a deep specialty or as an expert integrator of systems
to meet business needs.
- Polished communication, collaboration, presentation, and
technical leadership skills.
- Kubernetes (on-premises and cloud) and Docker. Work with
Kubernetes ingress controllers, Nginx, Traefik, Kong, Envoy is
- API Gateways and service meshes.
- Building a large family of APIs, circuit breaking, gradual
degradation, log aggregations, and monitoring.
- Cloud computing, including basic, compute load balancing, elastic
scaling, monitoring, data stores, and security.
- Public clouds such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- On-premises infrastructure - computing, load balancing, and
- Container orchestration, building resilient scalable systems
- Modern user-facing applications in React.js.
- Bash, Ansible and Terraform.
- Java microframeworks - Vert.x, Quarkus, and Micronaut.
- JDK version 8+.
- SQL and NoSQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase,
- Implementing solutions with Elasticsearch, Solr, or Vespa.
- Event streaming using Apache Kafka, Kinesis, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Multiple CI/CD tools.
Benefits and Perks
- Discounts on Office-Depot/Microsoft/Apple's products and
- Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Retirement Savings Plan Rollovers
- Banking Services
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for Funeral/Memorial Service Observance
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- 100% permanent remote work in any state of United Status
- Friendly Visa sponsorship for all technical job positions
Varis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in
all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status,
age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Varis, Garland , Principal Software Development Engineer(Go/Java)-Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!