Sr. Python Software Engineer in Houston, TX (Partial Remote Schedule)
Company: Connective Talent
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sr. Python Software EngineerFinancial Services IndustryGreenway
Plaza - Houston, TX (Partial Remote Schedule)Permanent/Direct-Hire
Sr. Python Software Engineer Role Responsibilities:This role will
work with the in-house developed suite of applications, that serves
as providers of all market data to the commodities line of
- Developing and delivering complex software requirements to
accomplish business goals.
- Ensure that software is developed to meet functional,
non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Code solutions, unit test, and ensure the solution can be
integrated successfully into the overall application/system with
clear, robust and well-tested interfaces.
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participate in estimating work necessary to realize a
story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Perform spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or
implement new ideas.
- Utilize multiple architectural components in design and
development of client requirements.
- Collaborate with team to resolve technical complexities
involved in realizing the story work.
- Contribute to existing test suites (integration, regression,
- Document and communicate required information for deployment,
maintenance, and support.
- Participate and contribute in the delivery/release e.g.
branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict
resolution, release notes.
Sr. Python Software Engineer Required Skills:
- 6+ years of strong development experience using Python, REST
API Service, and C#
- 3+ years of experience working as a React.JS Developer
(familiarity with redux a plus)
- Exposure or familiar with messaging solutions - TIBCO, AMPS or
- Database development skills, experience with Object-oriented
and Relational databases - SQL Server/Oracle/Sybase.
- Knowledge of JIRA tools and Continuous Integration
- Hands on experience writing Unit and UI integration test
- Strong interpersonal skills and experienced in communicating
complex solutions with both technical and business users.
- Excellent ability to debug applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and task with minimal
oversight and supervision.
Sr. Python Software Engineer Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with web services, web sockets and microservices
based architecture is a plus
- Source code management - Bit Bucket/SVN .
- Any Agile Development experience.
- Market Data experience in Financial/Commodities
- Has worked as part of globally distributed teams.
If you are interested in the role for a Sr. Python Software
Engineer in Houston, TX, please click on APPLY.
Keywords: Connective Talent, Garland , Sr. Python Software Engineer in Houston, TX (Partial Remote Schedule), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!