Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Ruby on Rails (USA Remote)
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. Job
Description Turnitin is looking for an experienced full-stack
software engineer to help us expand and scale the Gradescope
assessment platform. This is a high-impact role in which you'll
collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Product, and
Quality Assurance, and Support teams to implement end-to-end
solutions for Gradescope's rapidly growing user base. -We're a
small, collaborative engineering team who are passionate about
improving assessment in higher education. We care deeply about our
users and work proactively to make and keep them happy. We iterate
often and wear multiple hats, always striving to deliver new value
for our users. We take pride in building reliable, high-quality
software that provides an intuitive and delightful user
experience.Gradescope is an online assessment platform that enables
instructors to grade everything in one place, including paper-based
exams, online homework, and programming projects. We use
cutting-edge technology and features like flexible auto graders and
AI-assisted answer grouping to make grading faster and more
equitable. Gradescope was founded in 2014 at UC-Berkeley and joined
Turnitin via an acquisition in October 2018.What you'll do:
- Build new features and improve existing features on the
Gradescope assessment platform
- Work with our product and support teams, as well as directly
with our customers, to understand users' needs
- Own the full software development lifecycle from design to
- Break down high-level projects into user stories and
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code Qualifications Who
we're looking for: -
- You're product-minded, user-focused, and detail-oriented.
- You can work well in a small, cross-functional team, and
communicate effectively with different business functions.
- You're also able to work independently and make decisions with
minimal supervision.You love to experiment and solve problems.
- You're happy to question assumptions and to back your
recommendations with well-formulated, data-driven analysis.
- You're empathetic toward our users and your teammates. We've
worked hard to create an inclusive and supportive team culture, and
we're excited to keep improving it.
- You welcome feedback and are always looking to learn and
grow.Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge/Experience:
- At least five -years of professional software development
experience in Ruby on Rails
- Production experience with relational databases and SQL (we use
- Experience using distributed source control platforms (we use
git and GitHub)Demonstrated ability to collaborate
cross-functionallyPreferred -Qualifications, Skills, and
- Experience with mobile development, particularly in React
- Experience with data processing or analysisExperience writing
unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with using Docker and AWS in development and
deployment contexts - Additional Information Our Mission is to
ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve
learning outcomes. -Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education. -Seeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize
it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in
a job ad. -We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of
the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If
you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
-Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. - All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. -
Keywords: Turnitin, Garland , Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Ruby on Rails (USA Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!