Senior Software Engineer - Remote - Java
Company: Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN)
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and
compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry
expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here
to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology,
industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your
business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate,
regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And
through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in
moments that matter. Summary:We are looking for technical team
members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best
in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where
you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Our
customers rely on us in the moments that matter. Engineering
delivers on that promise.You can read the bullets below. But they
almost always look the same, right? Here is the deal - being a
senior engineer here at DFIN means helping us deliver SaaS software
solutions for our customers that primarily work with the SEC or
other global regulating bodies. Our products are in demand because
we solve regulatory problems for our customers. As a senior
engineer, you'll contribute to projects end to end, write code that
less senior engineers can emulate, understand how we operate our
systems and help make sure our technology grows and doesn't become
a big pile of tech debt.Responsibilities:
- Be a key contributor to our development practice: design,
full-stack development and testing.
- Write concise, clear, well-tested and well-documented code with
quality that adheres to industry best practices.
- Optimize code for quality, performance, scalability,
efficiencies and security; through testing, code scanning,
refactoring and monitoring.
- Analyze, design and build solutions that solve the problems we
have, not the problems that we think we may have one day.
- Build software with people. Product managers, other developers,
SRE, junior engineers, senior engineers, offshore. Construct
software that matters.
- Understands that systems are to be operated and monitoring and
metrics are important.
- Engineer for simplicity, reliability, manageability,
scalability, extensibility, reusability and performance.
- Makes sure to constantly address technical debt. Shine a light
on it, even when it hurts.Qualifications:
- Be committed to your development, the products you work on and
- Experience designing services based and/or tiered web and
- At least 6 years of experience designing and building scalable
data-driven software applications.
- Experience developing secure code meeting security standards
and willing to participate in financial systems security
- Experience in Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, CI/CD. Generally
adaptable across the stack.
- Optional, Azure, AKS, Docker, Kubernetes
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.It is the
policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage
all its employees without discrimination based on race, color,
national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived
disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual
orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to
Keywords: Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN), Garland , Senior Software Engineer - Remote - Java, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!