Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Remote Friendly)
Company: Mission Lane
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to
pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to
financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has
before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound
like a mission you could get behind?
Mission Lane is looking for a highly talented and well rounded
Senior Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team. Someone who
is familiar with not only writing quality code, but also how to
deploy and manage applications and systems in production. If you
are excited about designing & building scalable, highly available
systems, with a small sharp agile team, then this is the right role
for you. You would be an influential engineer that will steer the
team in the right direction, drive execution, and mentor fellow
engineers in software design, system architecture, and operations..
If you are excited about designing & building scalable, highly
available systems, with a small sharp agile team, then this is the
right role for you.
- Work in true DevOps fashion owning the entire tech stack
- Leverage the latest technology such as kubernetes, ArgoCD,
Gloo, and modern day paradigms such as GitOps
- Solve complex engineering and architectural problems in scaling
Mission Lane's products
- Mentor other engineers on the team and raise the bar in
engineering excellence across the organization
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Credit, Growth and
Data Science teams to understand customer needs and how to design
and build the most appropriate features or systems.
- Extensive end to end experience in building systems using a
major language such as Java, Kotlin, Python, Go in production
- Experience with data streaming frameworks like Spark, Flume,
Apache Bean or Flink and workflow management tools like Apache
Airflow would be a huge plus.
- A learning attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced
- Extensive experience in designing microservice architecture
using kubernetes and docker in production
- Familiar with architectural strategies such as event driven
systems and domain driven designs
- Have experience in building RESTful APIs, leveraging frameworks
like Open API and Swagger
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure, ideally GCP.
- A strong desire to mentor and improve the developers around
- Experience with designing, deploying and improving distributed
systems and their associated systems, like orchestration, testing,
monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as AWS and
- Strong experience using Google Pub/Sub and knowledge of data
structures, such as Avro.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous
deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
At Mission Lane, we're looking for people who have the courage to
take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at
your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview
process, don't hesitate to reach out.
We're committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their
lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you
need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible
Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid
parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App
subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond,
Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018,
we've rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the
adult population in the U.S. doesn't have access to a clear line of
credit. And by "clear" we mean credit without crazy fees that only
increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either
overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime
credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn't
We understand that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities. We
also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their
financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical
first step, but our work isn't done. We are actively developing new
products designed to meet our customers where they are, according
to their needs.
We get it - life happens . That's why Mission Lane is hard at work
paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for
our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an
environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or
maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited
by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment
authorization for this position. And please, no third-party
Keywords: Mission Lane, Garland , Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Remote Friendly), IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!