Software Engineer - Can Be Remote/WFH With Occasional Travel to Tampa, FL
Company: American Integrity Insurance Company
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Our Company Please note: this is a W-2 position, and C2C
arrangements will not be considered. About UsAmerican Integrity
Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has
more than 290,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more
than 1000 independent agents who specialize in this complex and
ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo,
rental property and manufactured home insurance to families
throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of nearly over 240
insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area
headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in
Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance
by Business Insurance magazine for the past eight years.A Day In
The LifeWho Says Insurance Can't Be Fun? From company picnics to
charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance
doesn't understand the importance of having fun, helping others and
giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to
our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility,
passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance
solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater
heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along
the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable,
customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and
paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss -
and to do so with Integrity.Learn more about American Integrity
Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiiflorida.com This Job
Your Title: Software EngineerYou'll Report To: Software Development
ManagerThe Software Engineer will be responsible for developing web
applications, as well as for other programming tasks such as
integration using external API's. Working with IT Business Analysts
and other team members, the Software Engineer is an essential part
of the creation of strategic software for the company. The Software
Engineer should constantly strive to improve the development
process, tools and architecture.What You'll Do
- Provides high level estimates for development based on story
points or other methods.
- Analyzes business requirements and provides detailed estimates
- Designs web based java applications, screen scrapers and
- Understands integration points with API's from vendors such as
Guidewire, ISO, Xactimate and credit card processors.
- Identifies risks and roadblocks that could impact
- Debugs and solves complex issues within java applications.
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies as
necessary and contributes to the creation and adaptation of IT
- Backs up development and support functions for other business
systems as necessary, including policy, billing and claims.
- Delivers high quality code, and performs code reviews and
- Conducts oversight of consultants when needed.
- In conjunction with the Production Support Team, provides
system software support.
- Maintains a current understanding of technology and how it can
enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners.
- Creates efficiencies that result in a decreased time to market;
improved quality, enhanced flexibility, and embraces the solution
- Works with senior developers to increase mastery of technical
and IT knowledge. Contributes to IT processes and issues to help
improve work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned. What You'll Need To Be a Top
CandidateEducation: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS or
related field.Experience: Minimum of Two (2) Years' experience with
Java programming. Insurance or P&C experience preferred. Please
note: this is a W-2 position, and C2C arrangements will not be
considered. Skills / Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing enterprise web
applications using Java, Spring Boot, jsoup, Graddle, Maven, MS SQL
Server, MySQL, and git.
- Experience developing web and mobile applications for both iOS
and Android using Outsystems and knowledge of the entire
application lifecycle in Outsystems including deployment and
- Knowledge of Guidewire products and experience with
InsuranceNow is preferred.
- Experience developing web application using React/Redux,
Node.js and AWS is preferred.
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Gitlab,
and YAML is preferred.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing web services and
integration patterns using SOAP and REST protocols and XML and JSON
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and
- Understand the business drivers and how best to meet them.
- Organize multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in
starting and completing tasks. Your Environment Working Conditions:
Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a
stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating
a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a
telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move
about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
or communicate with coworkers.Travel: Minimum, as required.ADA: The
above statements cover what are generally believed to be the
principal and essential functions of this job. Specific
circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job
to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.American
Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: American Integrity Insurance Company, Garland , Software Engineer - Can Be Remote/WFH With Occasional Travel to Tampa, FL, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!