Remote iOS Developer
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Are you craving more autonomy?
We're looking for a mid-level iOS developer who can manage their
time, who works well within a tight-knit team, and who places a
high value on the quality of their coworkers and their own
work-life balance. We want to give you a team full of smart people
to work with and the trust to get things done in a reasonable
You'll be involved in
- analyzing user stories and design specs
- implementing features
- communicating progress
- field and investigate bug reports
- discuss issues with QA
- monitor deployment for apps
You'll contribute to
- customer status video calls
- architecture discussions
- internal discussions about what tools and processes help you
get more done
- the occasional domestic or even international on-site meeting
with engineers from different teams
Our team is fully remote, and we support client teams in various
timezones (primarily US). That means you may need some flexibility
to line up with others' schedules, but we also give you flexibility
in return: we're interested in the work getting done, not when you
You must currently be authorized to work in the United States
You need your own internet access, phone, and any office furniture.
Ungerware provides your laptop and additional work-related
equipment (additional monitors, test devices, etc) as needed.
Remote work isn't for everybody. Tech can be taught, but some soft
skills are essential. Here's what you need to be successful with
- Teachable and trainable
- Excellent communicator
- Strong time-management skills
If you know some of these items, let's talk! If you have experience
with something comparable, tell us about it!
- Automated testing (e.g., XCTest)
- REST API integrations
- BLE and IoT device communications
- Source control (e.g., Git)
- Different software methodologies (Agile, Kanban)
- Individual and team development
- Native libraries
- Experience with Android or web development is a bonus!
- Enjoy having amazing coworkers
- Our lead developers are smart, articulate people. You'll love
working with them!
- Stop fearing mistakes
- We'll put you in positions where it's safe for you to fail and
learn. If something goes wrong, watch the leaders of your team take
responsibility and focus on solutions instead of blame.
- Be autonomous
- We coordinate on deadlines and dependencies, but you'll get a
lot of latitude on when you want to get work done.
- Have a sustainable workload
- Be productive and focused when you're on-task, and don't feel
the need to hang around the proverbial water cooler just to be
"here." If you've got your commitments covered, then go do
something you enjoy!
We pay hourly (full-time W2 status), and we're small enough that we
don't currently provide additional benefits. The salary range
listed is based on 48 working weeks (4 weeks off) at 30 billable
hours/week at $100-$120/hour.
We aim to pay you a high hourly rate that lets you independently
handle the additional stuff you need (after-market healthcare
plans, which are tax-deductible, contributions to personal
retirement, etc). If you have concerns over that, talk to us
anyway! We've all navigated it.
Keywords: Ungerware, Garland , Remote iOS Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!