Intellectual Property Licensing Attorney (REMOTE)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
IntroductionEpiq Counsel is an innovative legal services talent
provider that offers meaningful work and flexibility to
sophisticated and credentialed lawyers and legal professionals. Our
lawyers work on a wide variety of matters for Fortune 500 clients,
such as complex licensing agreements, intellectual property,
employment counseling, compliance policy creation, and M&A
transactions. Epiq works hard to provide our diverse legal talent
with challenging work for sophisticated clients that does not
require sacrificing flexibility or control.Epiq Counsel takes the
time and attention to understand each lawyer's practice areas,
experience, and preferences to ensure they are presented with
compelling engagement opportunities with leading law departments
across the globe. We are actively seeking Intellectual Property
Licensing Attorneys located anywhere in the United States with the
- 10+ years of IP technology licensing experience, including
drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound software licenses,
patent and copyright licenses.
- 5+ years' experience identifying third-party components in
inbound software, clearing component conflicts, and ensuring
alignment with outbound commercial goals.
- Experience licensing software with embedded Open Source
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or
computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Accomplished at building and managing relationships with both
internal and external subject matter experts and other relevant
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent).
- Licensed patent attorney.
- Active membership and good standing in the state bar of which
you currently reside. Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive experience drafting policies and IP management
- Experience working within a research lab and/or technical
transfer environmentSupport our United States Department national
laboratory client with the following responsibilities:
- Play a key role in drafting and reviewing inbound and outbound
software licenses: patent, copyright, and hybrid.
- Utilize expertise in drafting policies and IP management
- Serve as a pivotal team member and a direct resource for many
teams across the laboratory.
- Supports relevant strategic projects.Benefits
- Fully remote.
- Compensation commensurate with experience"
- Optional medical coverage.
- PTO and paid federal holidays. Should your experience meet the
role requirements, the Epiq Counsel team will contact you. The Epiq
Counsel team strives to respond to all applications; however due to
the volume of applicants, we cannot always respond to every
application. It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable
equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment
decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any
individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status,
sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status,
age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship,
physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any
other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state,
provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well
as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each
jurisdiction. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the
application process because of a disability, it is available upon
request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no
applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant
to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Epiq, Garland , Intellectual Property Licensing Attorney (REMOTE), Legal , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!