Responsible for overseeing the administration, marketing,
operations and rental for events held at The Atrium
Target Hiring Range: $52,978/yr - $65,666/yr
Essential Job Functions
Negotiate and approve event contracts for The Atrium. Manage
vendor contracts. Research and review resources needed per
Manage business operations for The Atrium
Oversee room set-up, cleaning and maintenance.
Provide access to equipment and facilities for event
Ensure facility is cleaned and properly equipped for contracted
event. Troubleshoot as needed.
Responsible for hiring, training and scheduling staff for event
Develop community contacts and liaisons for marketing and
promotion of the venue.
On site event Supervisor.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Four-year college degree 5 years related experience 2 years
leadership or supervisory experience Or an equivalent combination
of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications
and Hospitality, Hotel or Business Management
- 5-7 years experience in Hotel or Business Operations(in sales
and/or catering), event planning or similar
- 2-4 years of leadership or supervisory experience in Event
Management, Business Operations, Hotel Management or similar
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and techniques used in
planning, coordinating and servicing a variety of recreational,
industrial and educational events
- Comprehensive knowledge of all possible room and technology
configurations as well as the times and staffing required to obtain
them is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices in
marketing and promoting community programs and events
- Comprehensive knowledge of governmental regulations for public
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working
relationship with all levels of management, City officials,
vendors, fellow employees and citizens
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license First Aid, CPR
(cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and AED (automated external
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in an event center environment; frequent
exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Occasional outside work and other physical labor such as standing,
walking, bending/stooping, kneeling, crawling through confined
spaces, climbing a 20 foot ladder and lifting or carrying a maximum
of 50 lbs.
Models Organizational Values Customer Focus/Results Focus
Communication Adaptability/Flexibility/Decision Making Managing