Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Performs specified patient care activities to assigned COPC
patient population under the direction of the Nurse Manager and
Healthcare Provider and is committed to the provision of patient
centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical
Assistant training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card
within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.rom one of the
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Must have current DSHS Hearing & Vision Screening Certificate
within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment
with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in
the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and PHHS staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Garland
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Assistant, Patient Care,
Healthcare Administration, Nurse Management, Healthcare