Company: The Kraft Heinz Company
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage
companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global
sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted
producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for
over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago
and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced
and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include
condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment
beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous
other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including
Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta,
Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O,
Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To
sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing
this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative
thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide
meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise
Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable
practices that extend to every facet of our business, our
consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the
food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you
share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a
legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to
do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream
big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern
to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to
think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained
success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every
day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve.
You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to
lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every
level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave
a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're
supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our
collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist with all maintenance
activities to ensure maximum operational potential is realized for
the entire plant operation. This includes all functions in the
areas of Maintenance Business Management, Maintenance Materials
Inventory (MRO), Maintenance Recruit to Retire, Manufacturing
Process Reliability and Equipment Reliability, e.g. departmental
budgets, computerized maintenance management systems,
preventive/predictive and corrective maintenance programs. Also,
Technical Skills Management of electrical, electronics, controls
programming, mechanical systems (process equipment, packaging
equipment), waste treatment, stockroom, building and grounds,
utilities systems including but not limited to boiler and ammonia
refrigeration. Assistance with the development, coordination and
execution of maintenance related capital budget items in concert
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Directs maintenance personnel to ensure that all systems
operate at their highest capability to meet required production
schedules, quality, costs and schedule priorities
- Improves reliability, maintenance and processing methods to
reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment
malfunction or failure time.
- Determines equipment capabilities, safety and operational
condition in coordination with the other Supervisors and
- Develops preventative maintenance procedures that are cost
effective and increase the operational life of the equipment.
- Seek and implement the continuous improvement of the process
through equipment improvement modifications.
- Assist in the development of the system and operational
standards and corrective actions.
- Develops, implements and reviews regularly, site-specific
maintenance logs for department.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises, or provides for the
completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance
with company operating procedures, practices and financial
- Provide maintenance training to include the effective
utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine
maintenance specific to facility, equipment operations and
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Assist with preparing requisitions to determine the number of
spare parts to be kept in inventory.
- Assist in maintaining departmental operating budget at a
positive variance by effectively utilizing the workforce and
- Assist with safety training, monthly safety meetings, member of
safety committee, and provides technical support for all safety
projects, and supports implementation of the 9-key element
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and
- Ensures that equipment and facility are maintained in a safe,
operable condition and/or arrange for replacement/upgrades.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic, and utility systems maintenance and
repair of machinery and equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and
installing industrial machinery.
- Assists with developing department employee relations by
continued communication of all information affecting them and
through the conduct of monthly departmental safety meetings. This
is further enhanced by employee and personal participation in the
Plant Safety and Ergonomics committees.
- Analyzes production downtime reports, determines opportunities,
and initiates action plan to increase efficiencies.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the
development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk
Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in
the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of
process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Kraft Heinz Management System
(KHMS)) including leading change initiatives, planning, and
- Assist with the supervision of Maintenance staff including but
not limited to performance management and employee development,
- Communicate with outside agencies i.e. contractors, equipment
suppliers, technical consultants and vendors.
- Continuous and close coordination with the Maintenance Manager,
other Maintenance Supervisor(s), other Team Members, and Human
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Technical field is
- Minimum of 1-5 years of related leadership experience in a
Manufacturing environment is required
- Must be familiar with maintenance management system
- Experience implementing and maintaining TPM Systems is strongly
- Experience using, troubleshooting and programming Allen Bradley
PLCs is highly preferred
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic,
and utility systems including ammonia refrigeration and boiler
systems is a plus
- Understanding of direct and overhead cost systems
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include days,
afternoons, midnights, and weekend work
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Keywords: The Kraft Heinz Company, Garland , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!