Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Job ID: 2021-13127
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Business Development
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is seeking a
Contract Specialist professional for our Precision Systems
Strategic Business unit to be based out of our Garland, TX. This
position has a high-level of accountability and responsibility that
requires an individual who is proactive, has experience with and an
understanding of Government contract life cycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Perform initial reviews of and analyzes contracts and confers
with various department heads to detect ambiguities, inaccuracies,
omissions of essential terms and / or technical data requirements,
and conflicts with possible legal prohibitions.
- Process new purchase orders and change orders through a
Contract Review process to identify and mitigate potential cost and
schedule impacts; recommends contract modifications as
- Converts agreements into contract form or prepares amended
agreement for approval by legal department; coordinates approval of
negotiations and contracts with appropriate management staff.
- Maintain, organize, and update contract records including
initial entry and regular maintenance of customer orders; prepares
and submits contract data deliverable items.
- Active participant on proposal team which includes pricing and
scheduling strategy, coordination of requirements, and proposal
risk assessment. Maintains, updates and communicates bid and
- Participates in program reviews, status briefings and customer
interaction as required.
- Work directly with internal and external customers; assist with
the planning and coordinating of customer visits.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Sr. Manager,
- Monitors key programs for adherence. Take initiative to alert
Contracts Manager of contract issues and recommend solutions.
- Assists in maintenance of documents, logs and policies
applicable to Export Administration Regulations and International
Trafficking in Arms Regulation programs.
- Inputs data into site ERP program.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
professional with highly refined etiquette, exceptional customer
service skills, detailed orientated, well organized, possess the
ability to prioritize work, excellent time management skills.
Communication skills, both written and verbal, are paramount.
- Ability to interface with a diverse array of individuals to
accomplish a task.
- Follows through on commitments, inspires the trust of
- Completes task on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Possess the ability to be efficient in a fast-paced
- Display initiative to identify and resolve problems within
established authority levels.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
in (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance; or 3-5 years
related experience and/or training; in Contracts, Subcontracts or
equivalent work experience. Understanding of Federal Acquisition
Regulations (FAR) desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to
stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or
hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
Keywords: General Dynamics, Garland , Contract Specialist, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!