Industrial Maintenance Tech III
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
The Maintenance Technician IIII is responsible for providing
expertise in the troubleshooting and repair on equipment. This
position reads, interprets project plans, blueprints and other
written instruction and diagrams to perform role. This position
provides technical support to junior level technicians.
- Support daily Plant Operations
- Communicate effectively with community members, guests,
visitors, and staff
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and other written
instructions and diagrams to perform assigned tasks, may assist
with development of PM strategies for equipment.
- Coordinate with lead maintenance technician for efficient
installations, modifications, and industrial machinery repair.
- Serve as a role-model for maintenance staff by following all
policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair advanced mechanical, electrical and/or
control systems issues on industrial equipment, adhering to
policies, procedures and manufacturer instructions.
- Identify advanced machinery problems using mechanical and
electrical troubleshooting techniques and repair as necessary.
- Identify mechanical and electrical parts and provide
recommendations for proper substitution as needed.
- Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
- Perform/maintain/create/audit step by step preventative
maintenance on various machinery.
- Documents all work being performed including actions taken,
conditions observed, root cause, preventive action recommendations,
and resources utilized including labor hours and parts in the CMMS
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting
repairs as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize maintenance tasks and follow specified procedures to
complete each job safely, efficiently, and as cost productive as
- Reference facility plans, operations, maintenance and service
manuals, and online resources to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Welding and fabricating when necessary.
- Lead Saturday projects when necessary.
- Provide after hour on call service addressing emergency work
- Additional tasks or duties assigned by Maintained Manager
- Present an appearance appropriate to the image of Jeld-Wen
- High school diploma/GED Required.
- At least 8 years of experience working in industrial
maintenance or equivalent education.
- Working knowledge of hand tools.
- Advanced understanding of the manufacturing process and
- Experience in troubleshooting VFDs, PLCs, and advanced
- Experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such
as multimeters, Clamp-on-amp meter and meggers to test electrical
circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections,
defective parts and replaces or repairs to machine.
- Advanced mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well with others.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a changing manufacturing
- Understand and support cost savings for resources whenever
possible to ensure budgetary integrity and durability
With or without accommodation:
- Physically capable at least to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Capable to adapt quickly to a constantly changing manufacturing
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a
concrete surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very
hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter
months. Workspace can be very dusty and occasionally noisy due to
traffic of motorized vehicles operating.
The Company is committed to making reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the ADA
and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you
require an accommodation to perform the job, now or in the future,
please contact your Human Resources Representative. Upon request,
Human Resources will engage in an interactive process with you to
determine whether a reasonable accommodation is available.
The above information is only an illustration of the general
nature and level of work performed by the employee within this
classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related
or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the Company and employee and is subject to change by the
Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the
company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: Jeld-Wen, Garland , Industrial Maintenance Tech III, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!