Certified Medical Asst 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Certified Medical Assistant 2, under the direction of a
physician, assists in the delivery of health care for patients.
This position performs a wide variety of patient care activities
including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinical
record/documentation, administering medications, giving injections
and taking vital signs. This position may assists in scheduling,
mentoring and training staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of a physician.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Cleans
rooms after procedures, cleans and disinfects equipment, restocks
supplies. Assists with inventory levels to ensure availability of
necessary supplies, equipment and instruments, and records as
- Assists and accompanies patients from waiting room and prepares
patients for examination.
- Interviews patients and records or inputs information to
patients' medical record. Collects all medical data in order to
facilitate the physician's ability to draw conclusions about the
patient's needs. Ensure all charts and forms for the office visit
are ready for the provider.
- Measures, collects and records patient's vital signs (i.e.,
pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and
prepares patients for examinations and tests, procedures and
- Performs routine patient testing, acquires and processes
electrocardiograms, and collects and processes blood specimens and
- Prepares and administers routine oral, rectal, medications,
injections and vaccinations excluding controlled substances, as
directed by Physician. Identifies and reports adverse
- Removes sutures and staples and change sterile and non-sterile
dressings, as requested.
- Performs administrative related duties such as answering
telephones, taking and relaying messages and scheduling patient
- Facilitates or leads huddles and various team meetings. May
manage process workflow and/or staff schedules, and assists in
mentoring and training staff. Identifies issues and participates in
process improvement initiatives.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Medical assistant certification from a program accredited by
American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical
- Knowledge of principles of safe and accurate medical
- Knowledge of the 5 rights: right patient, right medication,
right dose, right route, right time.
- Ability to accurately document patient information in
accordance with organizational policies, regulations and
procedures. Familiarity with HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to make observations of the general physical condition
of the patient and notifies the nurse/healthcare provider of
- Ability to give injections and draw blood.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
- Ability to take instruction from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of
hire or transfer.
- Cert Medical Assistant (CMA): Must be CMA from one
- Nat Cert Med Asst (NCMA) from NCCT
- Cert Med Asst (CMA) from AAMA or ARMA
- Cert Cln Med Asst (CCMA) from NHA
- Reg Med Asst (RMA) from AMT, AAMP or AAH
- Nat Reg Cert Med Asst (NRCMA) from NAHP
- Cln Med Asst Cert (CMAC) from AMCA.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Garland , Certified Medical Asst 2, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!