ED Support Tech PRN Nights
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Emergency Department (ED) Technician, under the supervision of
Nursing Staff, assists in the provision of emergency care. Performs
duties and direct technical care requiring knowledge of basic
patient care principles and medical technology.Location:
RowlettUnit: ER UnitShift: PRN Nights
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assists in patient care duties. Collects objective data such as
vital signs, weight, pulse oximetry reading, pain scale reading,
pain scale rating, visual acuity, nutritional intake and output and
documents on appropriate forms.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal data or findings promptly.
Implements Physician, Provider and Nursing orders responsibly and
documents interventions according to Hospital protocol.
- Provides direct technical care. Assists with mobility,
toileting, feeding and other personal care needs.
- Performs phlebotomy to obtain venous blood samples and obtains
and delivers other specimens for Laboratory analysis.
- Assists or transports patients to and from the department.
- Assists in patient education. Comforts patients and family
members and responds to their concerns.
- Performs clinical coordination activities.
- Communicates effectively with Nurses, Physicians, and other
healthcare team members to gather and exchange information related
to patient care.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
- Corpsman Certificate preferred.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) preferred.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Garland , ED Support Tech PRN Nights, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!